Mirror: "Mirrorman Chris Hughes Comes Under Enemy Fire Aboard HMS Liverpool"

Think we need to reproduce this as recruiting leaflet, this is the stuff we train to do and so often never really get to use it in anger. The work horses of the navy, the Tpye 42, so few left, but still doing the job. Have a safe trip Liverpool and you'll be home for Christmas.

SM

Seadog

War Hero
Mach 11-speed Sea Darts
Mach 11? Bollocks.

Lieutenant Ebony Dalton, 29, one of the officers-of-the watch, steps into her position on the bridge.

Wearing a tropical burkha, can we be sure?

The Sun (spit) and Mirror (SPIT) are very excitable and not very well informed even if they are a lot closer to the action than I am.

I think that was meant to read Mach II as in Mach 2. Probably getting confused with Mark II.
For all those tabloid readers who are familiar with Roman numerals?
Funny old thing. Just seen this on PPRuNe:
3x English Electric Lightning's "Mk F6a" (x2) and "Mk T5b" (x1)
These 3 Lightnings are the only flying airworthy examples in the world today. The English Electric Lightning is a supersonic jet fighter of the cold war era. Equipped with 2 Rolls Royce "Avon 30201C" afterburning turbojets. Capable of Mark 2 (at 15 000ft) and a ceiling of 60,000ft+ and still holds a number of world climb-to-altitude records!
Erroneous dictation, perhaps?

Toucan

Lantern Swinger
Mach 11? Bollocks.

The Sun (spit) and Mirror (SPIT) are very excitable and not very well informed even if they are a lot closer to the action than I am.

Err, that's part of the prose, not a caption. The caption for that photo is "Daily Mirror Defence Editor, Chris Hughes, in anti-flash clothing (Pic: Rowan Griffiths)"

Seadog

War Hero
Err, that's part of the prose, not a caption. The caption for that photo is "Daily Mirror Defence Editor, Chris Hughes, in anti-flash clothing (Pic: Rowan Griffiths)"
I don't see the caption of which you write but I see what you mean. I'll get out of my glass house before I throw any more stones.

"Daily Mirror Defence Editor, Chris Hughes, in anti-flash clothing

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Blue Jokes 0
H Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 1125
H Gaming 8