Mirror: "HMS Ocean: All You Need To Know"

Discussion in 'The Fleet' started by soleil, Apr 19, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Nice one the Mirror, I'll print this off and send it to Ocean's new CO so he won't have to bother with all that other paperwork. :thumbleft:

In all seriousness a bit of info for the public can never be a bad thing.

Thanks for the link.

2. Where do these journo idiots get their information from, what a load of tosh.

3. You certainly don't need to kno much do you.

4. Yup great research Mirror, using wikipedia as their source again.

5. Was it a primary school kid writing for them again?

6. Is that right? Isnt she the ony LPH suerly the LPDs are amphibious assault ships as well? Maybe Some of the RFAs as well?

7. That was like reading a friggin Janet and John book.

8. Their numbers of soldiers and crew clash with the RN website figures, 'nuf said.

9. It's a tabloid. Have you seen the standard of journalism in The Sun and the Mirror. They're written for people with a reading age of 5.

The Mirror has gone right downhill. I think it's just trying to compete in the market by patronising its readers. Sad that they think we're so stupid.

10. Not only is it missing any real information, it is also missing full stops, there isn't a single one.

Plus:

That sounds awfully like they are referring to the whole ship, rather than a small group of Royal Marines in a somewhat smaller vessel. :roll:

11. My thoughts exactly when I read that bit and further proof that the Mirror are utterly clueless and obtaining their information from primary schools. :?

12. Was just thinking that! Oh well, this is the same paper that staunchly supports Broon in everything he does - so they have a history of getting it wrong.

13. That's my AIB research done and dusted!

14. :thumbup: