Mirror: "HMS Ocean: All You Need To Know"

Comm.

Lantern Swinger
Nice one the Mirror, I'll print this off and send it to Ocean's new CO so he won't have to bother with all that other paperwork. :thumbleft:

In all seriousness a bit of info for the public can never be a bad thing.

Thanks for the link.

StixJimboRM said:
all you need to know .. if you are 4 years old!

It's a tabloid. Have you seen the standard of journalism in The Sun and the Mirror. They're written for people with a reading age of 5.

The Mirror has gone right downhill. I think it's just trying to compete in the market by patronising its readers. Sad that they think we're so stupid.

Not only is it missing any real information, it is also missing full stops, there isn't a single one.

Plus:

In 2002 HMS Ocean caused a diplomatic incident when she landed in the Spanish port of La Linea instead of Gibraltar by mistake
That sounds awfully like they are referring to the whole ship, rather than a small group of Royal Marines in a somewhat smaller vessel. :roll:

lonestar said:
Not only is it missing any real information, it is also missing full stops, there isn't a single one.

Plus:

In 2002 HMS Ocean caused a diplomatic incident when she landed in the Spanish port of La Linea instead of Gibraltar by mistake
That sounds awfully like they are referring to the whole ship, rather than a small group of Royal Marines in a somewhat smaller vessel. :roll:
My thoughts exactly when I read that bit and further proof that the Mirror are utterly clueless and obtaining their information from primary schools. :?

A

angrydoc

Was just thinking that! Oh well, this is the same paper that staunchly supports Broon in everything he does - so they have a history of getting it wrong.

Latest Threads