Mirror: Fake Royal Marine Hero Foiled By Non-Military Boots

Discussion in 'The Corps' started by soleil, May 28, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. "Ian Smith, who alerted police to the conman, said yesterday: "Something wasn't right. It was his boots. They just didn't look like Army."

Well they wouldn't would they?

2. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

:roll:

3. It was his rank slide and shoulder titles that did it for me.

4. sgtpepperband

...and his floppy hat! :wink:

[​IMG]

5. I wondered where that dress went!! 8) :D

Back to the article. My spidey senses are telling me that this nobjockey could be the same guy who has been tripped up by ARRSE/RR. Known as Dane something or other if I remember rightly

6. Weren't there reports in the meeja last year that some troops were buying their own boots, and also using US military equipment, hence maybe their boots wouldn't look 'Army' ??

7. sgtpepperband

Another thing; why is he carrying his sleeping system on the outside of his bergan?! :? Good effort for the vigilance of the witness who shopped him. But I just hope this incident does not deter members of the public from donating to other Forces' charity collectors (or any charity collectors, for that matter). :oops:

8. I would have said that if he was wearing issue boots he'd be more iffy. No one does unless you're a rouge. And what the fuck is he doing with his gonk bag?

XRD, I recognise that face for some reason too.

9. It's not the barber is it? :lol:

10. Convicted sex offender Graham Eckerman aka Liam Kissane.

11. Re: Mirror: Fake Royal Marine Hero Foiled By Non-Military Bo

Met a ex perc on Hadrians Wall walking John Groats to lands End sounded like ex RO which I take it was RAOC please enlighten me if incorrect. Dropped him a tenner for the Army Benevolent Fund he was the real article unlike this fake piece of shite. He was piss wet through.

Then a French woman living/working in Somerset walking for a local hospice that her friend had been admitted to with terminal brain tumours. Walking Hadrians Wall unsupported carrying the lot to make it worthwhile for her friend she told us dropped her a fiver. Pisses me off when shite like this cnut are calling in pubs making a living telling fairy tales.

12. Re: Mirror: Fake Royal Marine Hero Foiled By Non-Military Bo

for me it has to be the childs sgt's epaulette that gave him away. that and his commando shoulder titles. and his gonk bag. and that his webbing straps aren't squared away (our troop would have been beasted for that and we're only reservists). AND if i'm not mistaken, he's also wearing the divisional badge for the armys second division (scotland, crossed keys) on his left arm.

bloody beefer

13. Re: Mirror: Fake Royal Marine Hero Foiled By Non-Military Bo

i also just noticed that has his top button done up on his shrt too, ha

14. That would be me fucked! I hated pussers boots and wore Dr Martens when ever I needed to wear boots! Wore them at Leadership (Royal Arther) no problem.

15. Blackrat

Blackrat War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

This guy is also known as Philip Eckerman. He's been sighted down my club in the past and he claimed to be SBS. He conned them out of some money as well. If you go to the infamous walts section in Arrsepedia, it's all in there. He is nothing but a con man. This pleb is a loathsome peice of filth and deserves all he gets.

16. Blackrat

Blackrat War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

17. Could he technically be nominated for COTW?

He's featured on the forums and he has been a bit of a co.ck