Mirror: "Drone Mine Hunters Put 600 More Royal Navy Jobs At Risk"

Yeah, intention is not to replace the HUNTs (and probably the SANDOWNs) with like for like vessels, but mixyblob them up with the Droggie Fleet. Regardless of what happens, the replacements are going to have to do a VOS Dip or two!

Sorry mate, droggie fleet? VOS dips? im applying for mw at the moment and feel i may have to change branches due to this news now
Don't be silly mate this has been in the pipeline for a while and will be for some more time as well. There will still be a need for Muppets on the new ships to operate the kit, maybe just not as many.

And VOS = Velocity of Sound and a Droggie is a Hydrographer.

He's not the one who's got to worry about putting a VOS through the props! Or bloody hovering a HUNT whilst the MWO is gobbing off about a diving conning run. Left, left, left Right 5......?!

Seriously, MCMs and HM Ships are both great fun.

Sorry mate, droggie fleet? VOS dips? im applying for mw at the moment and feel i may have to change branches due to this news now
There's no need to do that, MS. You chose your job because it was the best job for you; stick with it. Being in the MW queue is a good place to be at the moment anyway, so stay where you are.

This article is talking about something currently in development; by the time this all comes on stream, you will have been in for a while, so don't worry. If you want to be sure, run it by your Careers Advisor, but I'm sure that he/she will confirm what has been said to you already.

I read that 3 sub-classes of Type 26 are planned. 1 of these is reckoned to be a smaller corvette-like vessel, with MCM capability, but that'll be 2020 at the very earliest. FYI, 13-18 frigates are planned, with 1 ASW sub-class and 1 general purpose. I could be wrong, there's a lot of speculation about future ships, as there naturally is. a lot of bullshit stories, like one of the CVFs being sold off as soon as finished, have come out of the gutter press, especially Sun & Mirror.

Cheers for the replies, i will stick with my choice of mw. Waiting on my DVA checks to be completed, was told a rough date for possibly june 2012 for HMS Raleigh but i have a feeling it could be longer.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Blue Jokes 0
H Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 1125
H Gaming 8