Mirror: "£500m Jump Jets May Melt The Decks Of Aircraft Carriers"

Discussion in 'The Fleet Air Arm' started by soleil, May 24, 2012.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. So the paint may burn off and they need heat resistant paint basically, hope they don't use Teflon as all the clicky beds will slide off.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Well thats going to happen if you order a chocolate Aircraft Carrier.:sad:

3. OMG the yellow line party will have their work cut out.

4. Not that one all over again!

Why not use the deck cooling water to generate steam for something useful? a catapult, say.

5. I don't know where this rumour has come from. I recently spoke to a mate of mine who is involved with the F35B testing and was one of the pilots having a play onboard the USS Wasp. He specifically told me there were no snags with the deck. Now, either he's talking out of his arse (which is quite possible, seeing as he's a septic) or someone in the Ministry/Daily Mirror has got the wrong end of the stick (again). I'm going to trust my mate on this one but I'm trusting the ship builders to make the carriers from decent metal, rather than some 1mm aluminium.

6. S[FONT=Trebuchet MS, sans-serif]hadow Defence minister Kevan Jones said: “Only this Government could melt aircraft carriers.”[/FONT]

[FONT=Trebuchet MS, sans-serif]Arnt these the same F35 and Carriers ordered by the previous Labour government. [/FONT]