Minor nervous breakdown.... help!

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by Fizz, May 15, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. All my BRNC paperwork has to be in on Monday and I'VE LOST MY PASSPORT. What do I do?????

2. Check the post services, is there an ultra quick, same-day turn around?

3. Not applied for a new passport for 7 years, and mine is out of date :( (Got mine when i was 15 so it only lasted 5 years).

But, there was 2 offices in england that offered same day passports for extra cost, not sure if this is still possible due to all the security stuff. But one of the offices was Peterborough if memory serves.

4. 0870 521 0410 is the Passport Office Adviceline number. They offer a service where you can get a passport the same day from one of the regional offices (Peterborough, in your case), but unfortunately for you, they do not offer this service for replacements to lost or stolen passports.

I would suggest you stop looking for it, have a cup of tea and a think about the last time you saw it, then start looking again, especially in the places you have already looked. Chances are it will be safely tucked away inside a book, small bag, sidepocket of a bigger bag, or in the jacket that you last wore ten months ago.

Happy hunting.

5. Thank you guys, all helpful stuff.

Worst case scenario and it doesn't show up, what will happen with my Navy stuff?

6. Presumably there is a phone number for enquiries about the admin guff?

Phone it FFS

7. All my BRNC paperwork has to be in on Monday and I'VE LOST MY PASSPORT. What do I do?????

8. Get married or go to work in a shop or something. :banghead:

9. asda are takng on...

10. All my BRNC paperwork has to be in on Monday and I'VE LOST MY PASSPORT. What do I do?????

Whats the point in you saying anything all you do on here is put people down stop being a arse and give some helpful advice if possible.

11. Try getting your life into some sort of order?

Get a second passport - it is possible - for when you lose the first one?

Report it to minimise the risk of someone using it illegally and possibly stealing your identity, bank details etc?

Find some dogy guy and get a fake one?

Really, the possibilities are endless but your chances od joining up seem to be diminishing!

Oh, and by the way - please do NOT try Asda - there are enought numpties there already!

FFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

McC

12. lol hes right you know it was full of kids as supervisors last time i went

13. Now, now Hoppy. If you can't take a joke, you shouldn't be joining!

Hig :thumright:

Rache :dwarf: Stupid girl!

14. First thing to do is contact your Officer selector and let him/her know. They should have already taken a copy of your old passport when you first went to the AFCO. Once you hace informed them, pop along to the post office and get a form to get a replacement passport issued. They shouldn't need to interview you as it is a replacement, but it will take 6 to 8 weeks to probabley get a replacement. When are you supposed to be going to BRNC?

Hope this is of use

Regards

Neil - Supermario

15. Hoppy, let us review the situation.

This is a potential Naval Officer, posting on an unofficial site, asking a deep and penetrating question,
    " I have lost my passport, what should i do?"

She lost it, she can`t find it ( or it wouldn`t be lost) Tell me what sort of reply she deserves? If this is the calibre of our future Naval Officers, then i really do think that all is lost, Karma an ex Naval Officer, I think, says " FFS".

Would you like me to say " Hang on a minute, let me help you look for it"

I wish her great success, and when she becomes the first female Admiral of the fleet and is presented to the Queen, I really do hope that the Queen might mention, " You are now in charge of the Home Fleet, don`t forget your passport"

FFS Hoppy, whoever you are, get a life.

16. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

[​IMG] As always, profound words by Hig.

Erm, let me think.... "a valid passport is a condition of entry into Naval Service"

Can I prove I had one?

Can I get another?

What am I worrying about?

17. Haven't we been here before with a newbie off to Raleigh/Off to the AFCO?
    Just goes to show that numptiness goes across the board.
    NZB

18. hmmm serving officers don't lose important thing? like laptops full of personal details etc? nothing wrong with giving someone some stick but even during my time at moments of stress there was always room for compassion ....where has that gone?

i got a same day passport had to go to london for it and mine was damaged and not lost if you phone and explain your situation there's a good chance they'll be able to help you.

19. Just wondering whether the passport has turned up yet? Have you used it for I.D. for something or to photocopy it and left it in your bag? Can you think back to when you last used it and then think laterally to work out where it could be?

BTW Are you actually starting at BRNC this coming Monday or is Monday the day you have to take your paperwork to your local AFCO?

Pls post to say what the score is so that you can be given more advice. Don't worry, this kind of thing happens to most people at some point. :wav: