Minister who calls police 'pleb' seen stealing Granville's bike from Arkwrights shop.

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by Flagdeck, Sep 21, 2012.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. An arrogant Tory twat, plod should have cuffed him round his wind scoops, kicked him *********** and sent him on his way minus bike.
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Seaweed

Seaweed War Hero Book Reviewer

One could always try Orwell's 'Prole', or Aldous Huxley's 'Epsilon'.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Do they have de-railer gears ?
  4. Or Swifts 'Yahoo' (s).
  5. Probably used "Pleb" Because he knew that most Journo's couldn't spell "Proletariat"
  6. Dawn French did in Harry potter and the Prison of Azkaban...
  7. Erm...bite?
  8. Seaweed

Seaweed War Hero Book Reviewer

Howzat for a fulsome apology? He denies using the words so is hardly sorry for them. Like all politicians, "Sorry" means "I'm sorry for myself for being found out".

A real gentleman is never rude except on purpose. And never to people who can't answer back.
  9. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Well, I've heard both sides of the story now and I smell a rat; somebody is lying. And I don't think it's the plebs... erm, I mean the Police. :shock:
  10. Lying? A politician? Surley not . . .
  11. Plod on Downing street gates do tend to lose it on occasion, threatened to arrest me for just standing there listening to my Walkman having a tab.
  12. Tory Yahoo wants to think his self lucky ,If he had been a miner calling the police names he would probably have ended up butting the Bobbies Baton with the back of his head.
  13. I thought that as well Guzz, either that or a good example of irony at work!!

edited to add I think the whole thing is a load of media hype bollocks, there's bigger issues to worry about than a cyclist losing his rag to plod, no matter who he is.
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2012
  14. If your Walkman continues to have tabs it will never grow up to be a ghetto blaster.
    • Like Like x 1
  15. I suspect that this is probably going to go away as a political problem for the Tories, especially in light of much more entertaining things on the horizon as Clegg gets closer to the Limp Dem Conference, but it damned well shouldn't.

Forget about the juxtapositioning of this mini fracas and the killing of the 2 police officers in Manchester, it isn't about the timing of the outburst, or the words used, it is about the fact that a senior MP (not even that relevant that he is the Government Chief Whip) feels that he is too important to be subject to the same rules as any "ordinary person"

This attitude that MPs can ride roughshod over convention, can say what they like, do what they like, hide behind parliament and shove their noses deep into the trough at every turn is shameful - he should be sacked! In fact, bugger it, they should all be sacked...anybody up for running a military junta?
    • Like Like x 2
  16. The plebs still have the option to send him on his bike come the election:pottytrain5:
  17. One thing did strike me about the whole thing - the coppers making notes in their books. When it was reported, it sounded quite sinister and much like any communist/nazi regime.

Well, that or that sketch on Dad's Army. Andrew Mitchell has been put on ze list...
  18. The team agrees that he has been a knobhead -

However -

Change the cast of characters. At the end of a long day, you have dashed out of the main gate in rig to buy a copy of Autotrader in the corner shop opposite because the NAAFi is sodding closed. As you re-enter, the MGS bloke/G4S bloke/civvy gate guy says - Have you got your ID, Chief? Even though he knows exactly who you are and he saw you enter and leave the fag shop.

Might mutter a few choice words there.
  19. So are you saying the guy has to lose his job for not checking because some one forgets their ID???

The copper/MGS/G4S guard gets enough shit without dealing with the customer shouting "Why didn't you check his ID". I know him you respond!

What don't you understand about 100% ID check the customer replies. Major disciplinary - result job loss!!!

That's why the boring twat asks every time!!!! (Or should do!!!!)
    • Like Like x 1