Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Minister who calls police 'pleb' seen stealing Granville's bike from Arkwrights shop.

finknottle

Banned
An arrogant Tory twat, plod should have cuffed him round his wind scoops, kicked him *********** and sent him on his way minus bike.

Seaweed

War Hero
Book Reviewer
Howzat for a fulsome apology? He denies using the words so is hardly sorry for them. Like all politicians, "Sorry" means "I'm sorry for myself for being found out".

A real gentleman is never rude except on purpose. And never to people who can't answer back.

sgtpepperband

War Hero
Book Reviewer
Well, I've heard both sides of the story now and I smell a rat; somebody is lying. And I don't think it's the plebs... erm, I mean the Police. :shock:

Stirling

Banned
Plod on Downing street gates do tend to lose it on occasion, threatened to arrest me for just standing there listening to my Walkman having a tab.

Tory Yahoo wants to think his self lucky ,If he had been a miner calling the police names he would probably have ended up butting the Bobbies Baton with the back of his head.

WreckerL

War Hero
Super Moderator
Probably used "Pleb" Because he knew that most Journo's couldn't spell "Proletariat"

Erm...bite?

I thought that as well Guzz, either that or a good example of irony at work!!

edited to add I think the whole thing is a load of media hype bollocks, there's bigger issues to worry about than a cyclist losing his rag to plod, no matter who he is.

Last edited:

broadside

War Hero
I suspect that this is probably going to go away as a political problem for the Tories, especially in light of much more entertaining things on the horizon as Clegg gets closer to the Limp Dem Conference, but it damned well shouldn't.

Forget about the juxtapositioning of this mini fracas and the killing of the 2 police officers in Manchester, it isn't about the timing of the outburst, or the words used, it is about the fact that a senior MP (not even that relevant that he is the Government Chief Whip) feels that he is too important to be subject to the same rules as any "ordinary person"

This attitude that MPs can ride roughshod over convention, can say what they like, do what they like, hide behind parliament and shove their noses deep into the trough at every turn is shameful - he should be sacked! In fact, bugger it, they should all be sacked...anybody up for running a military junta?

One thing did strike me about the whole thing - the coppers making notes in their books. When it was reported, it sounded quite sinister and much like any communist/nazi regime.

Well, that or that sketch on Dad's Army. Andrew Mitchell has been put on ze list...

Tribalclass

Midshipman
The team agrees that he has been a knobhead -

However -

Change the cast of characters. At the end of a long day, you have dashed out of the main gate in rig to buy a copy of Autotrader in the corner shop opposite because the NAAFi is sodding closed. As you re-enter, the MGS bloke/G4S bloke/civvy gate guy says - Have you got your ID, Chief? Even though he knows exactly who you are and he saw you enter and leave the fag shop.

Might mutter a few choice words there.

Waspie

War Hero
The team agrees that he has been a knobhead -

However -

Change the cast of characters. At the end of a long day, you have dashed out of the main gate in rig to buy a copy of Autotrader in the corner shop opposite because the NAAFi is sodding closed. As you re-enter, the MGS bloke/G4S bloke/civvy gate guy says - Have you got your ID, Chief? Even though he knows exactly who you are and he saw you enter and leave the fag shop.

Might mutter a few choice words there.

So are you saying the guy has to lose his job for not checking because some one forgets their ID???

The copper/MGS/G4S guard gets enough shit without dealing with the customer shouting "Why didn't you check his ID". I know him you respond!

What don't you understand about 100% ID check the customer replies. Major disciplinary - result job loss!!!

That's why the boring twat asks every time!!!! (Or should do!!!!)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MoD_RSS Universities Minister calls for true social mobility MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Global Accessibility Awareness Day: Minister calls on the public sector to ensure digital services are accessible MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Culture Minister leads calls to save Welsh medieval scientific manuscript MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Cameroon: Minister for Africa calls for restraint and dialogue following violence MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Housing minister calls for a digital revolution in the property sector MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Foreign Secretary calls Chief Minister of Gibraltar, Iranian Foreign Minister MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Transport Minister calls on the aviation industry to address the gender gap MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Speech: Universities Minister calls for greater improvement on access MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Minister calls to dispel girls’ misconceptions of STEM subjects MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Schools Minister calls on academies to justify 'excessive' pay MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Minister for Europe calls for investigation into persecution of LGBT community in Chechnya MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Minister calls on businesses to reveal how many disabled staff they employ MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Faith Minister calls on religious communities to bridge divides MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Faith Minister calls on religious communities to bridge divides MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Minister for the Middle East calls for political solution to Yemen conflict MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Foreign Office Minister calls for political process to address violenc MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: FCO Minister calls on Chad to arrest Sudanese President MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: FCO Minister calls for restraint in Iraqi clashes MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Prime Minister appoints new Envoy on Girls’ Education: 16 January 2020 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Prime Minister's statement on coronavirus (COVID-19): 15 January 2021 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS PM call with Prime Minister Giuseppe Conte: 14 January 2021 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS OSCE Chairperson in Office, Minister for Foreign Affairs of Sweden, H.E. Ms. Ann Linde: UK response MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Business Minister: employers have a duty to spot early signs of domestic abuse MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Prime Minister's address to the One Planet Summit MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Prime Minister commits £3bn UK climate finance to supporting nature MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Statement from Vaccine Deployment Minister Nadhim Zahawi on vaccine deployment MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Prime Minister's statement on coronavirus (COVID-19): 7 January 2021 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS PM call with Prime Minister Trudeau of Canada: 6 January 2021 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Prime Minister's statement to the House of Commons on COVID-19 regulations: 6 January 2021 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Prime Minister's statement on coronavirus (COVID-19): 5 January 2021 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS PM call with Prime Minister Modi: 5 January 2020 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Prime Minister announces national lockdown MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Prime Minister's address to the nation: 4 January 2021 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Prime Minister welcomes significant uplift in key public sector jobs MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Prime Minister's New Year's message: 31 December 2020 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Prime Minister's statement on coronavirus (COVID-19): 30 December 2020 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Prime Minister's opening statement to the House of Commons on the UK-EU deal: 30 December 2020 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Prime Minister's statement on EU negotiations: 24 December 2020 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Prime Minister's statement on coronavirus (COVID-19): 21 December 2020 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Prime Minister announces Tier 4: 'Stay At Home' Alert Level in response to new COVID variant MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Prime Minister's statement on coronavirus (COVID-19): 19 December 2020 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS The Prime Minister has reappointed Dame Jayne-Anne Gadhia as Trustee of the Tate. MoD News 0
MoD_RSS The Prime Minister has reappointed Rosemary Leith and Katrin Henkel as Trustees of the National Gallery. MoD News 0
MoD_RSS The Prime Minister has appointed Mike Utley CB OBE and Edward Stringer as Naval and RAF Trustees respectively of the Imperial War Museum. MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Prime Minister’s call with European Commission President Ursula von der Leyen: 17 December 2020 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Humanitarian access to Tigray: Minister for Africa statement MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Prime Minister's statement on coronavirus (COVID-19): 16 December 2020 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Commission on Race and Ethnic Disparities: letter to the Minister for Equalities MoD News 1
MoD_RSS Joint Statement from UK Prime Minister Boris Johnson and European Commission President Ursula von der Leyen: 13 December 2020 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Housing Minister’s speech at the Insider Midlands Residential Property Conference MoD News 0