Minister barred from heroes' homecoming

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by brazenhussy, Apr 13, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. silverfox

silverfox War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

mmm don't know.... I might be tempted to invite Swiss Tony, not just to the arrival, but to look inside the bloody coffins so he gets a close up and personal reminder of the consequences of his actions....
  2. ooh fair call S_F
  3. I think it is just the ministers who were "banned". There are two or three Tory MPs who have done their stint in Iraq as TA types and one Peer.
  4. What a condemnation of our government ministers and I for one fully understand and agree with the families decision to bar them.
  5. I'm going to be a dissenting voice on here, I think that they were in a no win situation.

It's not that long ago that the public were decrying politicians for "grandstanding" at the repatriation ceremonies, then criticising them for not attending.

Doesn't stop them being a load of self-serving hypocrites though.

6. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

I was going to say "IMHO...", but decided that now I've deciphered the acronym, I'm not than blummin' humble. I like SilverFox's opinion regarding Swiss Tony/Fastshow: Yes, look what you've caused & don't ever think you will go to heaven, Bliar.
  7. Try IMO or IMNSHO

HTH, HAND ;)
  8. Not like ministers usually bother anyway.
  9. STFU

IMHO could also mean In My Honest Opinion.
  10. With all due respect to the familys of the bereaved, what f **ing differance does it make , those poor kids, yes KIDS , died to justifie a PM, THAT LIED, to justify his own ends.
    Sorry so very angry over members of all the armed services dying for a cause that will never resolve itself.
  11. Ruggers you just summed it up for me mate. x
  12. It makes a big difference to the families and THATS what matters here.
  13. PM lied? Surely not? How could we trust our elected officials if they all lied.......? Hang on, just re-set reality circuit breaker....that's better......bunch of self serving, trough feeding twats......

Yes, much better now.

14. Totally agree with the families, a very personal thing who they have at the homecoming and that load are not wanted - not that Mr B. Liar would attend anyway - he ain't yet!
  15. I suspect that the tossers won't get the point and will think of it more as being let off a task they would rather not be doing anyway. Saves them all having to put on the sorrowfull :cry: look when they would much rather be out and about grinning and smiling :lol: (falsely) at one and all.

RIP lads and lasses. We will remember you.