Minimum Weight

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by blondeblackbelt, Mar 5, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Does anybody know the minimum weight for women in the Royal Navy?

2. dont think there is a minimum weight..just think you have to be fit

3. BBB

No minimum weight as such, but, at your medical, if you are clearly underweight, the Doctor will point it out and ask you to put weight on.

4. I weighed 46kg at my medical and was told to gain 3.5 kg(half a stone), but im only 5'2" so putting on half a stone has taken me ages.

5. There is a minimum weight for aircrew, though - it's 56.6 kg, though I'm not sure if that applies to RN observers, as they won't ever need a bang seat.

6. Thanks everyone. I was sure I read somewhere that it was 60kg...and i'm only 57kg so I was a bit worried. The prospect of having to put on 3kg quickly seemed a bit 8O

7. .... and on that note does anyone know if there is a max weight.. =P

8. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

As long as you are within the standard BMI scales for your height & weight there is no problem with regard minimum or maximum otherwise unless you need to be over 8 foot tall for your current weight.

The 60Kg minimum is for potential Royal Marines commandos, regardless of height.

9. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

Can anyone give me some exercises that will make me taller. :lol:

10. Don`t think so, some of the wrens i`ve seen could sink a fukcing Battleship.

11. Oh, thats pleasent :p Well, i'm my ideal BMI, just wanted to know if there was max :)

12. Eeer, is that our Mommins horse yiv nicked?