Minimum Weight

BBB

No minimum weight as such, but, at your medical, if you are clearly underweight, the Doctor will point it out and ask you to put weight on.

I weighed 46kg at my medical and was told to gain 3.5 kg(half a stone), but im only 5'2" so putting on half a stone has taken me ages.

There is a minimum weight for aircrew, though - it's 56.6 kg, though I'm not sure if that applies to RN observers, as they won't ever need a bang seat.

Thanks everyone. I was sure I read somewhere that it was 60kg...and i'm only 57kg so I was a bit worried. The prospect of having to put on 3kg quickly seemed a bit 8O

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
blondeblackbelt said:
Thanks everyone. I was sure I read somewhere that it was 60kg...and i'm only 57kg so I was a bit worried. The prospect of having to put on 3kg quickly seemed a bit 8O
As long as you are within the standard BMI scales for your height & weight there is no problem with regard minimum or maximum otherwise unless you need to be over 8 foot tall for your current weight.

The 60Kg minimum is for potential Royal Marines commandos, regardless of height.

janner

MIA
Book Reviewer
Ninja_Stoker said:
blondeblackbelt said:
unless you need to be over 8 foot tall for your current weight.
Can anyone give me some exercises that will make me taller. :lol: