Minimum height for Aircraft Handler

Hi all,

Would really like to know what the minimum height requirement is for Aircraft Handler. I'm not exactly tall. I've been reading a few things on the internet and it states 166cm but that was in 2012 so I don't know if it has changed or not!

I'm so worried that my height will let me down now I've found this out.

Posted from the Navy Net mobile app (Android / iOS)

wannabejack

Lantern Swinger
BR 3 Chapter 7

0704. Physical Standards for Candidates - Height

a. Minimum height standards for all candidates is 151.5 cm.

b. Potential candidates who measure less than 151.5cm can be offered theopportunity to take the RN Reach Test. The test requires candidates to reach the topclip of a standard RN bulkhead door.

I'm not sure if there is a specific rule about aircraft handlers elsewhere - if there is I can't find it.

BR 3 Chapter 7

0704. Physical Standards for Candidates - Height

a. Minimum height standards for all candidates is 151.5 cm.

b. Potential candidates who measure less than 151.5cm can be offered theopportunity to take the RN Reach Test. The test requires candidates to reach the topclip of a standard RN bulkhead door.

No worries, thank you, I'm sure I'll be able to pass the reach test. I don't want to fail the test because of my height!

I'm not sure if there is a specific rule about aircraft handlers elsewhere - if there is I can't find it.

Hi all,

Would really like to know what the minimum height requirement is for Aircraft Handler. I'm not exactly tall. I've been reading a few things on the internet and it states 166cm but that was in 2012 so I don't know if it has changed or not!

I'm so worried that my height will let me down now I've found this out.

Charlotte

There used to be a minimum acceptable height for Aircraft Handlers, but that stipulation was dropped, a reflection of the fact that the aircraft the Handlers were working with had changed so dramatically as a consequence of the SDSR. The required height now is the required height for all applicants.