Minehunters protect drifting tanker in pirate waters

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by MoD_RSS, Aug 2, 2012.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

2. Tanker?
    Container ship surely.
  3. Seaweed

Seaweed War Hero Book Reviewer

MoD RSS sub-editors operate at about the journalistic level of those of the Daily Mail.
  4. As good as that?
  5. That should relieve the mind numbing, utter ******* boredom for the lads. Operational deployment my friggin arse.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Perhaps the MoD RSS grown-ups have noticed that too, 'cos the Op's link has now been pulled.
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Thanks for that Rob,

Refreshing to read that the RN website's version correctly describes the disabled vessel,
    rather than repeating the OP's 'tanker' error noted above by Trehorn.
  8. You know exactly what i mean! Never was an operation IMO. I certainly never told anyone it was, a little embarrassing really when you consider the lads getting shot up in Afghan.

If the lads sitting in Nandos each night, with piss up brunches on the weekend is classed as operational, then they are misguided. Equally doing a route survey off of Qatar isn't exactly taxing is it? It it a load of cock waving in the Middle East, pure and simple. If it is operational then why did the MOD take down the official photos of the lads doing hands to bathe, the same day as two Royals got smacked?

I assume you have never done that Barhain merry go round? If you had you would be in agreement and certainly wouldn't be Mutley when it came to receiving a chocolate medal.

As if Fleet would listen to a SR anyway......
  9. You give me grief, but you need to step out of the wardroom role occasionally. No winky thing.
  10. Ooh you fella'd me! That's me shown again. No shoving my finger up at the twat thing.
  11. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Someone's clearly on blob this morning... :shock:
  12. No removed me rag last week. Simple really, Wits and Finks hate each other, the pianist and I equally do too.
  13. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

14. I have to agree with frogman on this one. An OP in name only. Oh apart from those at UKMCC over the road from us. They are dressed in cammo and on a completely different welfare package from us so I think they must be at war. If any of you want the current gen on the situation out here then give me a shout.
    • Like Like x 1
  15. They across the road, do a six month deployment and recieve the same welfare package if not less than you. Food money is the only thing extra that they receive.
  16. Is that speaking from prrsonal experience digger? I can tell you categorically that they get R and R while we do not. Wow a whole 6 months poor them. While we do 9 months? They work in a lush air con office within a nice base with good facilities. We work on broken ships with no air con and no support from shore side. Some of us are actually financially better off alongside in base port. They get extra, albeit not loads, but extra for sitting in Bahrain. How they have the audacity to call it an op and claim op welfare package is disgusting when others are getting assess chewed in afghan. Joke. Oh and before you start I was in afghan in 08/09
  17. Still a shit tour!
  18. I think you will find you do get shoreside assistance, in the form of FSU. I know for a fact that none of the ships in the OP KIPION area are broke. All the AC's are fine and if you pop in to a SRMH MCO that is so cold you need a softie to keep warm!!!

I agree it is shit being in Bahrain, but as you know Afganistan is a lot shitter. Suck it up buttercup. With regards to the OP welfare package. You guys on the ship have it better. The extra money is for food and nothing else. Have you been to a Bahraini supermarket lately ? If not you will find the food is a lot more expensive than the UK!!!!
  19. Swap the fwd mess for one of your appts?