Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Minehunters protect drifting tanker in pirate waters

Seaweed

War Hero
Book Reviewer
MoD RSS sub-editors operate at about the journalistic level of those of the Daily Mail.

frogman007

War Hero
Is Operation KIPION no longer an Operation then? :dontknow:

Have you informed Fleet about this?

You know exactly what i mean! Never was an operation IMO. I certainly never told anyone it was, a little embarrassing really when you consider the lads getting shot up in Afghan.

If the lads sitting in Nandos each night, with piss up brunches on the weekend is classed as operational, then they are misguided. Equally doing a route survey off of Qatar isn't exactly taxing is it? It it a load of cock waving in the Middle East, pure and simple. If it is operational then why did the MOD take down the official photos of the lads doing hands to bathe, the same day as two Royals got smacked?

I assume you have never done that Barhain merry go round? If you had you would be in agreement and certainly wouldn't be Mutley when it came to receiving a chocolate medal.

As if Fleet would listen to a SR anyway......

frogman007

War Hero
No removed me rag last week. Simple really, Wits and Finks hate each other, the pianist and I equally do too.

sgtpepperband

War Hero
Book Reviewer

Rubberchicken

Midshipman
I have to agree with frogman on this one. An OP in name only. Oh apart from those at UKMCC over the road from us. They are dressed in cammo and on a completely different welfare package from us so I think they must be at war. If any of you want the current gen on the situation out here then give me a shout.

digger84

War Hero
I have to agree with frogman on this one. An OP in name only. Oh apart from those at UKMCC over the road from us. They are dressed in cammo and on a completely different welfare package from us so I think they must be at war. If any of you want the current gen on the situation out here then give me a shout.

They across the road, do a six month deployment and recieve the same welfare package if not less than you. Food money is the only thing extra that they receive.

Rubberchicken

Midshipman
Is that speaking from prrsonal experience digger? I can tell you categorically that they get R and R while we do not. Wow a whole 6 months poor them. While we do 9 months? They work in a lush air con office within a nice base with good facilities. We work on broken ships with no air con and no support from shore side. Some of us are actually financially better off alongside in base port. They get extra, albeit not loads, but extra for sitting in Bahrain. How they have the audacity to call it an op and claim op welfare package is disgusting when others are getting assess chewed in afghan. Joke. Oh and before you start I was in afghan in 08/09

digger84

War Hero
Is that speaking from prrsonal experience digger? I can tell you categorically that they get R and R while we do not. Wow a whole 6 months poor them. While we do 9 months? They work in a lush air con office within a nice base with good facilities. We work on broken ships with no air con and no support from shore side. Some of us are actually financially better off alongside in base port. They get extra, albeit not loads, but extra for sitting in Bahrain. How they have the audacity to call it an op and claim op welfare package is disgusting when others are getting assess chewed in afghan. Joke. Oh and before you start I was in afghan in 08/09

I think you will find you do get shoreside assistance, in the form of FSU. I know for a fact that none of the ships in the OP KIPION area are broke. All the AC's are fine and if you pop in to a SRMH MCO that is so cold you need a softie to keep warm!!!

I agree it is shit being in Bahrain, but as you know Afganistan is a lot shitter. Suck it up buttercup. With regards to the OP welfare package. You guys on the ship have it better. The extra money is for food and nothing else. Have you been to a Bahraini supermarket lately ? If not you will find the food is a lot more expensive than the UK!!!!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MoD_RSS World-class autonomous minehunters to protect Royal Navy MoD News 1
B Minesweepers/Minehunters History 12
soleil Shipping Times: "Royal Navy Minehunters Six Years In Gulf" The Fleet 0
MoD_RSS One in, one out for Royal Navy minehunters Current Affairs 0
MoD_RSS Navy minehunters sail for Gulf Current Affairs 0
soleil BBC: "Royal Navy Minehunters Survey River Mersey" The Fleet 1
soleil DefPro: "Upgrade For Royal Navy Minehunters Powers Ahead" The Fleet 0
Naval_Gazer Cutting minehunters would be disastrous for freedom of seas Current Affairs 0
rictic Mothballed minehunters in Pompey Current Affairs 22
sussex2 Dingley class inshore minehunters History 3
MoD_RSS All UK travel corridors temporarily suspended to protect against new international variants MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Home Secretary to introduce 'Kay's Law' reform to better protect victims MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Adapting to prevent terrorist threats and the need to protect human rights MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Further Pubs Code Declaration put in place to protect certain Pubs Code rights MoD News 0
MoD_RSS New TV advert urges public to stay at home to protect the NHS and save lives MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Gene editing creates potential to protect the nation’s environment, pollinators and wildlife MoD News 0
MoD_RSS £4.6 billion in new lockdown grants to support businesses and protect jobs MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK secures ‘listed status’ to protect £5 billion animal export market MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Travel ban implemented to protect public health following South Africa COVID-19 outbreak MoD News 0
MoD_RSS National Living Wage increase to protect workers' living standards MoD News 0
MoD_RSS New telecoms security law to protect UK from cyber threats MoD News 0
MoD_RSS PM: G20 must work together to defeat the pandemic and protect the planet MoD News 0
MoD_RSS National Cyber Force Transforms country's cyber capabilities to protect UK MoD News 0
MoD_RSS PM’s record defence pledge to protect Scottish security and jobs MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Northumberland river users asked to help protect white-clawed crayfish MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK and US sign aviation agreement to protect vital travel links MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Government leads national drive to protect victims of child abuse MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Commission finds trustees failed to protect charity from founder who misused funds MoD News 0
MoD_RSS New powers to protect UK from malicious investment and strengthen economic resilience MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Government sets out world-leading new measures to protect rainforests MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Government closes antique firearms loopholes to protect public MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Measures to protect England from new COVID-19 strain extended MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Travel ban implemented to protect public health following Denmark COVID-19 mink outbreak MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Jenrick launches 'Protect Programme': the next step in winter rough sleeping plan MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Defra launches the Healthy Bees Plan 2030 to help protect honey bees MoD News 0
MoD_RSS New rules and logos to protect British food and drink MoD News 0
MoD_RSS New rules and logos to protect British food and drink MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Watchdog warns charities and the public to protect themselves against fraudsters amid pandemic MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Government outlines approach to protect future of cash MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Landmark pension proposals will protect savers from scams and help tackle climate change MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Highways England airs plan to protect workers with new inflatable barrier MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Extended measures to protect more areas of England from coronavirus MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Government to protect small businesses with action on late payments MoD News 0
MoD_RSS PM commits to protect 30% of UK land in boost for biodiversity MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Regulator sets out key lessons for social housing providers to protect tenants MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Outdoor use of metaldehyde to be banned to protect wildlife MoD News 0
MoD_RSS New plan to help protect care homes from coronavirus over winter MoD News 0
MoD_RSS CMA acts to protect competition on UK-US airline routes MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Bill introduced to protect jobs and trade across the whole of the United Kingdom MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Priti Patel to create police covenant to protect officers and staff MoD News 0