Mine Warfare Instructor - Portsmouth

Discussion in 'The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs' started by Olive_Jobs, Mar 5, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Job Title: Mine Warfare Instructor
    Salary: £27,675
    Start Date: Immediate
    Introduction:Our client is a leading training provider to the Royal Navy and now has an immediate requirement for a Mine Warfare Instructor who will prepare and Instruct Mine Warfare Operational/Bridge Training to Royal Saudi Naval Force (RSNF) Ship Officers Crew.  Although this vacancy is based in Portsmouth, Hampshire there will be some overseas travel involved.
    Suitable applicants are encouraged to apply immediately.
    Responsibilities:- To lead on training planning and co-ordination of the SCWP.- Design and prepare lesson plans in Ship Handling along with comprehensive notes in handbook form.- Assist with General Training Evolutions during the Sea Training Phase.- Develop a good understanding of the whole ship components of the Estonia SRMH.- Assist with Mine Warfare Operation Training Evolutions during the Sea Training Phase.- To act as primary point of liaison for FOST.
    Applicant Requirements:Essential:- Strong written and verbal communications along with excellent organizational skills.- Good Report Writing skills with attention to detail.- IT literate including the use of Word, Excel, Project and Power point.- Previous working knowledge in a training environment along with instructional ability.- Comprehensive Knowledge of Rule of the Road and Blind Pilotage.- Technical appreciation of Naval Training and the Naval Training environment.- Knowledge of Training Design.- Working Knowledge of Mine Warfare Operations.- Experience of Bridge Management Systems.- Willingness to travel within the UK/Overseas with RSNF personnel remaining overnight if required.
    Desirable:- Comprehensive Knowledge of Officer of the Watch (OOW)/Bridgework/Fleetwork.- Experience in Foreign Navies Training.- Nuclear Biological Chemical Damage (NBCD) and Fire fighting trained.- Flag Officer Sea Training Experience (FOST).- Working knowledge of Foreign customers & cultures.
    Benefits:- £27,675 annual salary.- Overseas travel.- Flexible benefits package.
     [hr]Click for more information about this job......