Mine Clearance Divers, mirrors, etc.,

Hav5

I'm one of 13 potential divers currently in week 9 of Raleigh. If you've got any questions, fire away and I'll try and answer as best I can!

Mrdive123

Hi guys,

I recently passed my PJFT in June and am now awaiting a PDA date. I was told from the AFCO that the waiting time can be anything up to 18 months when I had first applied!! Just wondering if anyone has any news on PDA dates etc, or if anyone is now in the same boat as me!

Thanks.

Morgsy300

Hello fellas been following any thread and information that has been posted regarding the Clearance diver branch for some time now, all great information and some very cringy worthy comments. This morning I had absolutely terrible news that all 2017 PDA have been cancelled including mine which was due for the 12th of this month, I was told I was lucky enough to get a cancellation the beginning of last month, completely over the moon and thought this is what is meant to happen for me in life can't wait. Even cancelled my skiing holiday which is leaving today to ensure I was fit and ready for the 12th... absolutely gutted let me know if any one else is the same boat and revived this news... :(

Mrdive123

Literally had the exact same information given to me this morning. All PDA's are cancelled as the diving branch is only taking 7 applicants this year! My PDA was scheduled for the 24th May this year, in absolutely gutted!

SVMDS

I was on the same PDA, read this and got straight onto my AFCO... they told me it would be at least two years until the next one. Lympstone seems like a viable option though

Morgsy300

Absolutely gutted .. lads I don't know where to go from here.. I had everything in my head thinking about it from all aspects everything was covered like the big plan to sort my self out and get into a class career, but the universe has a different plan clearly .. as regards to the corp comment.. my career advisor said I'm not going to offer you another role in the Royal Navy we both know there's only one other option and that's get your green lid and sideways transfer.. which is a fair point! And that's been in my mind for years . But I just don't have same feeling inside me to go for the corp . Plus this is the advice from my bootneck mate.

".. Gen I wouldn't go for the corps mate it's shit at the moment nothing going on. Shit pay, no quals. Not what you need haha"

I have been put on the first PDA of 2018, I will just have to carry on as I am now and see what opportunities arrise between then and now.

Best of luck lads.

To summarise GUTTED.

VegHead

Midshipman
Alright lads.

I agree it is pretty demoralising if this has happened. However I'm assuming you're relatively young so waiting one year might seem like a long time but in the long term it's nothing. Just think that you've got another 12 months to get in the best shape you possibly can, and once you join up and you're that way inclined you've got 18 years plus in the navy. I'm applying for MCD aswell and I'm 29 soon. So chin up and crack on.

All the best