Mine Clearance Diver Eyesight

I've read that the eyesight standards are VA2, that post was 3 years ago I was wondering if it had changed or if it is still VA2?

Also on the potential divers course, the 100m meter swim. Does it have a time. It does not say on the booklet!

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
Diver eyesight standards is VA2 but there are slightly different parameters applied. I believe this is because the full-face diving mask cannot be fitted with prescription lenses.

The swim is 1000 metres, rather than 100 metres and is conducted wearing a drysuit and fins, backwards. There is no time limit stipulated in the literature but remember the Chief instructor wants to get home before dark for his tea. Effectively, if you do not keep up with the pack, you are going to be on the back foot with regard other criteria elements of the course.

So long as you can see the difference between the red wire and the green wire........

Red, or green....?

Yes, I know the colour red is first to disappear when going deep underwater!

Diver eyesight standards is VA2 but there are slightly different parameters applied. I believe this is because the full-face diving mask cannot be fitted with prescription lenses.

The swim is 1000 metres, rather than 100 metres and is conducted wearing a drysuit and fins, backwards. There is no time limit stipulated in the literature but remember the Chief instructor wants to get home before dark for his tea. Effectively, if you do not keep up with the pack, you are going to be on the back foot with regard other criteria elements of the course.
Yes I did mean 1000! Too busy thinking of my good looks like I've heard MCD's like to do. Would be a rather short swim otherwise! Thank you NS for clarification on the eyesight requirements!

Latest Threads