Mine Clearance Diver / Communications Technician

RowanSpry

Again, im completely new to this so im not understanding some of these abbreviations, for the time being if you wouldn't mind type the long-winded way!

I've decided against the Diver idea CT seems like much more my kind of thing. Reading the other threads i get the impression that whilst in the Navy you could be posted on land with the Marines, without taking a commando course? Or am i mistaken.

you can work with 3 Cdo Bde without undertaking the Commando Course - a fair few lads in 24 Cdo Engineers and 29 Commando Royal Artillery don't have their lids. You are encouraged to go for it, and will be given support from your chain of command to do so.

As for CTs specifically, if your draft absolutely requires you to have your lid you will be loaded onto the course. If you find yourself at Brigade, you will also be given the chance to do so (as long as there's time in the programme).

I presume you've read the long CT thread - if you've any further questions re CTs I suggest you PM Secret Squirrel as he's the best bloke to advise on this.

daffy1

War Hero
You might as well join the marines, do your time as GD and get to know what jobs are like once you are in. You might not even pick that trade, you might decide to do something completely different. CT and MCDs both offer the chance to do the commando course, but if you want to get your green lid just join the marines, and as i said get in, do your time in a unit and see whats it like and go from there.

RowanSpry

Got in contact with my careers office today to ask about it, my test scores from last time wernt up to scratch for CT they said. But i remember first sections i did leave pretty big chunks out (first time takign a test like that, time management wasnt good) but still... Also a second blow is im not temporarily unfit, im permanantly unfit.

The medical thing i can appeal against (and i can, and ill win) though i wont get my hopes up. Assuming i manage that, does anyone recommend anything to help my scores next time particularly numeracy and reasoning? My literacy was "through the roof" they said.

And back onto the subject at hand, im still reading through that thread, its ******* long! What do 3 Cdo Bde do?

daffy1

War Hero
If you join 3 cdo Bde or get attached you could be on operations, training exercises e.g Norway. Think of it as a large organisation and with in that organisation it has everthing thing that it needs to keep its self running. You dont have to be commando trained to work with in 3 cdo Bde but you will have to maintain a higher than average fitness.
As for the RT test there are plenty of threads and advice on how to help your score, it helped me get the score i needed.

RowanSpry

daffy1 said:
If you join 3 cdo Bde or get attached you could be on operations, training exercises e.g Norway. Think of it as a large organisation and with in that organisation it has everthing thing that it needs to keep its self running. You dont have to be commando trained to work with in 3 cdo Bde but you will have to maintain a higher than average fitness.
As for the RT test there are plenty of threads and advice on how to help your score, it helped me get the score i needed.

Where are these threads on Psychometrics? I cant find the usefull ones.

I have my eye on 3 books on amazon (yes, 3, im an excessive person) its mainly my reasoning that needs improving