Mine Clearance Diver Aquaint Course?

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by DiverWannaBe, Apr 15, 2012.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi all, Im new to this site and have a couple of questions regarding the Mine Clearance Diver aquaint course.

Basically I applied for the MCD a few months ago. You have to undergo all the normal medical and clearance tests as any other new recruit.

However the final selection test (for MCDs) is a two day aquaint down at pompey.

I have been told by the afco that this is basically a two day beasting, designed to test your physical and mental aptitude and for you to see if diver branch is for you.

Now, i really want to find out more about these two days and what exactly the physical tests are. For a normal recruit joining the navy you know exactly what physical tests are involved. You have to do x number of press ups, x number of sit ups and be able to run x miles in x times.

Does anyone know what the exact physical test are for this aquaint? How far and how fast should I be running? How many press ups, dips and chin ups should I be able to do? Whats the best way to train?

Sorry for all the questions but im finding it really hard to find out about this.

Cheers!

2. Last edited: Apr 15, 2012
  3. Cheers boss, i didnt know there was a thread already about this.