Mine Clearance Diver - a few questions

dancoates

Badgeman
@liquid and ninja.

Can you explain what ET(ME) is? Im not sure i meet the good looking criteria! Just wanting my afco to send a full list. As a civilian my trade is computer engineer so I may have a look down that route and just do alot of sport activities on the side

Marines does not appeal to me really but im just all over the place at the moment
Dan

It's never a failure. It's always a lesson

Rachelthree

War Hero
@liquid and ninja.

Can you explain what ET(ME) is? Im not sure i meet the good looking criteria! Just wanting my afco to send a full list. As a civilian my trade is computer engineer so I may have a look down that route and just do alot of sport activities on the side

Marines does not appeal to me really but im just all over the place at the moment
Dan

Sorry to hear you are no longer eligible for diver, you have a good attitude though- not sitting around sulking but looking at other options :) et(me) is marine engineer, i don't think they are too strict on the good looking criteria haha- i am sure as well as advice on here your afco would be more than happy to discuss your options and other trades open to you; hopefully you will find something you enjoy. Become a writer :D

dancoates

Badgeman
Thanks for the explanation and the compliment if thats what you can call it haha.

I will look into marine engineering aswel I will have more of an idea once my afco gets the results

Thanks again rachel

dancoates

Badgeman
I am in two minds about steering away from the computer engineer side but at the same time I am fcuking fantastic at my job haha. I think im gona have a sit down with my old man and have a good think! So many options!!

Dan

Rachelthree

War Hero
If you're good at computer stuff but would only continue on those lines because you are awesomeeee at it rather than you enjoy it- just take confidence that you have the aplitude for learning technical things rather than neccessarily feeling ya have to stick with it. Plenty of trades in da navy, could even consider officer or being a bursar if went to uni and then joined up? One door closing opens up a new corridor of many, just have to decide which one you most want to open and walk through. Amazing eye sight is for losers anyway, i had to wear a patch when i was a toddler over one eye, it made me the pirate i am to today and aspire to be in the rn arrrrr

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
The technician recruiting test score is a little higher than diver, but not a huge stretch so hopefully ET ME or WE is in your grasp already - if not a re-sit maybe necessary.

dancoates

Badgeman
Rachel i had an eyepatch too!!! Arrrr we are destined for the seas arrr!!

Hopefully it is! Them 10 mins to complete sections turned me from a boy into a man!

Another problem is that i have a stammer. Not one where i struggle to say a word but it can be hard to get out a sentence from time to time. Im playing life on veteran mode haha

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
Your communication skills will be assessed at interview, so if you've passed the interview you're deemed good to go.

If you haven't been interviewed yet, the letter outlines what you'll need to give some thought to, so as long as you follow the advice within the letter & give it a little thought beforehand, you'll be more confident and likely to do better.