Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Milltown Caravan Site

KATWEEZIL

Lantern Swinger
One for the Old and Bold

Anyone out there got any Piccy's of Milltown circa late '60's to early '70's Especially the one's of the kids Christmas parties.

Thx

KAT

scouse

War Hero
Think Slim might have one as he used to live on the site, i think???? Ps was that the place that L/CK Aitken, meet his end ?

KATWEEZIL

Lantern Swinger
Chris, As memory serves you must have lived on A-Site?

Scouse - Was that the Carbon-Monoxide from the coal Accident? I was quite young at the time but when it happened my old man came home and ripped out the Anthricite Fire we had in the living room.

scouse

War Hero
Chris, As memory serves you must have lived on A-Site?

Scouse - Was that the Carbon-Monoxide from the coal Accident? I was quite young at the time but when it happened my old man came home and ripped out the Anthricite Fire we had in the living room.
Nope Murder most foul!!!!!

KATWEEZIL

Lantern Swinger
Decided to bump the thread - mods - feel free to remuster into the gash barge

C site Nissan Hut

Attachments

• 2012-10-25-219.jpg
    2012-10-25-219.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 46

KATWEEZIL

Lantern Swinger
Milltown Airfield

Last time I was here you could'nt get in as it was a Transmitter farm. But now?

Attachments

• 2012-10-25-227.jpg
    2012-10-25-227.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 47

KATWEEZIL

Lantern Swinger
A site - Officer Country!

Or it was -

Attachments

• 2012-10-26-236.jpg
    2012-10-26-236.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 44
  • 2012-10-26-234.jpg
    2012-10-26-234.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 45

KATWEEZIL

Lantern Swinger
Sorry for boring y'all but I've just had really good holiday up there and feeling a bit down at having to come back
KAT

Hello
I lived with my mum , dad and sister on B site until 1966. My dad was at RNAS Lossiemouth .
I have some pictures of the caravan site when it looked like a caravan site .
I have one picture taken in the club of a kids Xmas party .
I went to Fochabers school and was picked up by coach in the mornings . My dad cycled to the air base each day .
If I remember well , Innes house was further up and Leucas house further down .
My sister and I played in the stream ( burn) most days .
My mum was potato picking in the holidays and we would go on the machines with her .
I remember baby lambs etc but not too much .

I visited last year 2019 . It was bare .
I met a lady working at the dolphin ‘ sanctuary ‘, who lived on c site and she directed me . She said it was a tractor site now .
Happy times . It was lovely to see Elgin and Lossiemouth again .

My father died young , shortly after we left and went to Plymouth . Devonport. He joined the Eagle , died 6 weeks later . It was a bad time for all of us . I was 13 , my sister 9 and my mother widowed at 33 .

We lived at 45 B site . If you would like to see the pictures please get in touch .

slim

War Hero
Think Slim might have one as he used to live on the site, i think???? Ps was that the place that L/CK Aitken, meet his end ?
I lived on Muirton Caravan site for a while. That is the one where the PO cook was murdered.
He was shagging a civies wife who seemingly didn't like it.
I eventually moved to the Navy site at Milltown.
Great site Great club but too far out in the sticks.

D

Deleted 103788

Talk of Elgin reminded me of a fairly recent experience. I was taken ashore with appendicitis to Dr Gray's hospital in Elgin more or less at the start of the NHS. Unfortunately for the rather old surgeon ,it burst as he was removing it so had to spend a rather long time under their excellent care.
Some 70 years later ,near enough to the day, i was having a check up at my local hospital by a young male Scots doctor.. He saw my complicated scar and asked me about it. He then told me he had had his appendix removed at Dr Grays a few months before when he was doing his post degree training there. They told me at Dr Grays they had preserved my appendix in formaldehyde for training purposes. If Scotland ever attains independence ,I will write to them demanding it back

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MoD_RSS Coronavirus (COVID-19): Letter from Kelly Tolhurst to caravan and park home owners MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Letter from Minister Hall to caravan and park home owners MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Highways England showcases national safety campaign at caravan show MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Bosses banned for removing £700k from failed caravan company MoD News 0
trelawney126 Any Ideas following Side Swipe by Caravan. Motoring 9
soleil Metro: "Man Turns Helicopter Into A Caravan For The Ultimate Camping Experience" The Fleet Air Arm 3
BillyNoMates BillyNoMates - Trainee Caravan Tugger. Diamond Lil's 19
stan_the_man Me and my fcuking caravan Diamond Lil's 56
S Trailer/Caravan Hitchlock or Wheel Clamp Travel & The Great Outdoors 7
MoD_RSS New UK Government Covid testing site opens in Cumbernauld MoD News 0
MoD_RSS New UK Government Covid testing site opens in Easterhouse, Glasgow MoD News 0
MoD_RSS New UK Government Covid testing site opens in Glasgow MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK Government Covid testing site opens in Perth MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Contract award – Site Industrial Services Framework MoD News 0
MoD_RSS New UK Government Covid testing site opens in Inverclyde MoD News 0
MoD_RSS New UK Government Covid testing site opens in West Edinburgh MoD News 0
MoD_RSS New UK Government Covid testing site opens in Dundee MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Radioactive waste site consultation report is published MoD News 0
MoD_RSS New UK Government Covid Testing Site Opens in Stirling MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Environment Agency shuts down illegal waste site MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Former SSI steelworks site to be redeveloped under full local control MoD News 0
MoD_RSS New UK Government COVID testing site opens in west Glasgow MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Waste site director ordered to pay confiscation order MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK Government local coronavirus testing site opens in Edinburgh MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK Government local coronavirus testing site opens in Aberdeen MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK Government Minister visits Inverness coronavirus testing site MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Get tested at new coronavirus local testing site in Glasgow MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Environment Agency raids Kent waste site in joint day of action MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Called-in decision: land at Citroen Site, Capital Interchange Way, Brentford (ref: 3226914 - 10 September 2020) MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK Government Minister visits Aberdeen coronavirus testing site MoD News 0
MoD_RSS VMD on-site inspections to re-start 24 August MoD News 0
MoD_RSS StubHub makes changes to its UK site to address CMA concerns MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Waste crime taskforce conducts raid on site in Great Harwood, Lancashire MoD News 0
MoD_RSS MP visits site of multi-million pound flood scheme MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Construction milestone at new Fusion Technology site in Yorkshire MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Homes England announces developers for historic school site in Macclesfield MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Enforcement officers target illegal waste site in Crowland MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Environment Agency resumes on-site bathing water monitoring MoD News 0
MoD_RSS First concrete pour a solid sign work is back on-site MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Q Developments win Homes England masterplanning award for planting housing on Surrey garden centre site MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Consultation launched on reservoir emergency on-site flood plans MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Second construction site set to return to work MoD News 0
Stirlin Site health Diamond Lil's 63
MoD_RSS Site visits to recommence and more digital case events planned MoD News 0
MoD_RSS First construction site to come safely back online MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Tech “brings the site home” MoD News 0
slim Site running slowly Site Issues 5
MoD_RSS 2 arrested after raid on Lincolnshire illegal waste site MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Sellafield lab creates hand sanitiser for site and communities MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Coronavirus (COVID-19): an update on the Grenfell Tower site MoD News 0