Military Training For Moslems by British Army

oldseadog

War Hero
Just heard a snippet that young moslems are being given military training by Percy! Fer Fcuks Sake!!!

YDFNL are we paying for this?

OSD

jesse650

War Hero
yes mate, it's for real........

however it's just targeted as a taster weekend for 40 odd teenagers from the midlands, just like the royal nayv does...........

to be honest if the kids have the aptitude and the ability to join the best infantry army in the world then crack on! It doesn't matter which religion they follow surely?

They are even going to run it as a competition and get the parents in to watch the last section of it and obviously the prize giving at the end.Proud parents, a cracking weekend of running around in green, throwing yourself and your mates over a "proper" assault course.....those kids are going to have a whale of a time and it may change some personal views along the way..............

I say go to it, every little helps and if they hadn't advertised the fact that the majority of the kids come from moslem backgrounds do you think it would have recieved the press coverage?

slim

War Hero
During my time in the RN one of my best oppo's was a muslim. He was a bit different from what seems to be the present day variety though and enjoyes a beer or two. Not allowed to give his name but in about 1987 he was the SMR on Manchester flight. I'm sure that anyone on the manch at that time would have known what a great guy he was.
Not all muslims are terrorists

chieftiff

War Hero
What is wrong with this?????????

Since when did Muslim= Terrorist or did I miss something?

It wasn't that long ago that we were Drawing and Quartering Catholics, me thinks the philosophy of Equal opportunities have just completely missed some people.

The Indian Army was happy to exploit the martial tradition of all its ethnic groups. In all likelihood many of these kids grandfathers or even great grandfathers have served under british flags so good luck to them.

chieftiff said:
What is wrong with this?????????

Since when did Muslim= Terrorist or did I miss something?

It wasn't that long ago that we were Drawing and Quartering Catholics, me thinks the philosophy of Equal opportunities have just completely missed some people.

I think you have it wrong about the Catholics-------it was Catholics doing dire things to anyone who wasn't :lol: :lol:

As for Muslim == Terrorist --at the moment its flavour of the month.
Previous years include IRA etc.

chieftiff

War Hero
Greenie the Catholics may have had the Inquisition which you would have read about in your protestant Christian history books, but Henry VIII inspired some complete nutters to commit out and out atrocities.

The point is we are bloody terrible at applying our bigotry to whole sectors of the community with very little influence. Just look at how we view the French!.......................................hang on maybe we aren't always wrong :lol:

brigham600

War Hero
All religions have had their days of tyranny and been guilty of carrying out awful atrocities. Who is to say which one has been or is the worst.

dubaipusser

Lantern Swinger
We need to see a lot more of this - it is a graphic example of inclusion at a time when opponents to British/Western principles are citing examples of a fortress mentality and overt anti-Moslem activities.

This sort of thing (regrettably with a military edge to it which is unfortunate) demonstrates that people are people first and a mixed cultural character (which is the britain of today) makes for a rich and positive society!

That said, I am sure that there will also be Moslem trouble-makers who will find a reason why this is 'subversive' and may even attack the kids involved and their parents for being lackeys while blaming the British Army for trying to train traitors to the Moslem cause - what a bloody mess eh?

bunnyjumper

Lantern Swinger
I thought the British armed forces had been training muslims for years. Our own armed forces have quite a few, and they're as good as the next guy. Why should it be a surprise that some kiddies from Brum have been having a bit of a taster. They're entitled to join up if they want.

Now on the other hand, if we were taking groups from the Iranian army for training, then that would be a different matter entirely.

Chalky

Lantern Swinger
Yawn.

Anyone complaining about this has probably, at some point, complained that young Muslim men and women weren't prepared to fight for their country or serve blah blah blah hypocrisy cakes.

Issued, 1 x grip, for the use of getting a, thereof.