Military to be used for London Olympics next year!

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by DoubleDuff, Dec 15, 2011.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Really? When?

2. I cannot for the life of me think why the media is getting so worked up about this news.Dear old Auntie BBC devoted nearly ten minutes of the 6 o'clock news this evening trying to suggest it was some kind of over-reaction to a non-existant threat.
    If the UK had been the target of numerous terrorist attacks on public transport killing dozens of innocent civilians I could understand security being a top priority.......oh wait a minute,it has.Where did I hear about all these attacks and plots to kill further innocents?Oh yes,the BBC.
    I couldn't give a tinker's cuss how many service personnel are deployed as long as every visitor going home from the Olympics is in the same rude health as that they arrived in.

3. Bollocks about summer leave. We've got before and after our 72 days hanging around Weymouth.

Every turn of the shaft is a new adventure. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Magda

Magda War Hero Book Reviewer

Oh come on you lot. Stop complaining. Think of all the super-fit, toned, bronzed sporty goddesses who are going to be wandering around the Olympic Village. Isn't that the epitome of a matelot's heaven?

;-)

There was an article in The Times about this a few years back - now it's gone all elitist, the nearest representation I can find is this:

It's not only hurdlers who get their legs over...

5. ...then you wake up next to the female East German Shot Putter....

:slow:

• Like Like x 1
  6. East German? You know the wall came down right?

• Like Like x 1
  7. lol 41,000 personel at 1bill!

8. Selwyn Froggat lives. . :brushteeth:

9. So did Hadrian's Wall, doesn't make it right though... :confused5:

10. And pray tell when did 2SL cancel leave?

11. He can't tell ya because it's bollocks, we're still getting ours and we're heavily involved.

He's norman and I claim my fiver

12. Magda

Quite apart from that pertinent fact MLP, if that is the best he can do out of thousands of female athletes (the volleyball teams rank highly on the "Phwoar" scale apparently) he deserves to have his summer leave cancelled.

13. Magda

Oi. Pipe down you. Us interellectulites know whut were on abaht.

14. Hey!!

That was the buzz down 2 deck the other day, and the naafi man confirmed it...

15. When the Olympics come around and they want security, volunteer to help out in the men's Javelin and stand between the 80 and 90 metre line.

• Like Like x 1
  16. I believe there is a sizeable cash bonus for every one you can catch before it sticks in the ground. Something to do with preventing dangerous weapons from falling into the hands of criminals or terrorists.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2011
    • Like Like x 1
  17. My unit have been told to expect compulsory mobilisation for the Olympics next year. But then again we do own London so it's to be expected.

The other day I was walking through the Olympic village and I saw an Orthodox Jew carrying a big stick.

So I said to him, ''Oh, you must be a Pole Vaulter.''

He replied in a thick Hebrew accent: ''No, I am Hungarian, but how did you know my name is Walter?''

I didn't bring a coat and my taxi is already outside.