Military PTSD - Effective Treatment by "PTSD Resolution"

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by Hydra_Joe, Jan 13, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. [align=center]PTSD Resolution[/align]

The South Atlantic Medal Association - SAMA(82) and the Falklands Veterans Foundation [FVF] are backing this treatment for Military PTSD.

It is being launched officially at the Union Jack Club [UJC] in London on the 24th January 2008.

Dr. Morgan O'Connell is to be a Trustee. Morgan retired last year as the Chief Clinician of Combat Stress.

The Human Givens Foundation and The Falklands Veterans Foundation carried out an intial trial last year with a 100% sucess rate and 5 of those treated went on the Falklands25 Pilgrimage in November with no fears whatsoever. All of those treated are willing to talk to anyone about this treatment.

Please read all about it here --> http://www.ptsdresolution.org/

-----------------------------------------------------------------
    Due to incorrect information received by me and a subsequent assumption incorrectly made by me, I have to retract the statement above, posted by me, that this treatment is being officially backed / endorsed by the South Atlantic Medal Association (1982) and Dr Morgan O'Connell.

Morgan has been invited to be on the Board of Advisors of Resolution and is continuing to explore and evaluate their treatment.

SAMA (82) is exploring Resolution and other charitable organisations that offer treatment for PTSD. Combat Stress and the NHS are the only Organisations that treat PTSD that are endorsed by SAMA (82).

This is not a condemnation of Resolution treatment by SAMA (82) as it has proven to work on Falkland Veterans suffering from PTSD. It is a personal choice if any ex-military person wishes to use Resolution.

2. Re: Military PTSD - It CAN be cured by "PTSD Resolution"

It would be appreciated if any member of this Board who goes for this tteatment would post the fact on here and their experience. It would be helpfull to other who may be undecided. Even if you just post that you phoned the Helpline 0845 021 7873

Go for it - nothing to loose, everything to gain!!

3. Re: Military PTSD - It CAN be cured by "PTSD Resolution"

i Think the best way of combatting PSTD is to ignore it ,think positive rebuild your life ,one of the problems of the rum ration exclusive club is they decide whats acceptable and whats not so i for one would not like to enter the discussion not sure this is the right forum , yes i am a 82 veteran and was unfortunate enough not to be sunk may be its me expressing my PSTD side, during 82 we never thought we would die we had an expectation we would,because thinking otherwise we would have cracked, I dont think any one can imagine the intense pressure ,other than those who served in the conflict, and iraq Afghanistan wars are under, I think SAMA 82, Falklands vets association do a tremendous job i just think im past redemtion , F174 1982

4. Re: Military PTSD - It CAN be cured by "PTSD Resolution"

Hi Brendan, No one is past redemption, It sounds like you are the very type of person that would benefit from PTSD Resolution DeTraumatising Therapy.

I am not a regular of RR, I just came on here to post this topic. The whole ethos of Discusion Boards like these is that they are not directed by any one person or group of people. Anyone can post a topic and it is up to the members of the Board to reply and their responses will decide which direction the topic takes. I thought that the Current Affaris Forum was most apt, sorry if I got it wrong, I am sure the Mods will move it to a more apropriate forum if they see fit. I dont really mind which forum it is discussed in.

I Moderate the SAMA Discussion Board where you will be welcomed as a Falkland Veteran (if you are not already a registered member) and if a Member of SAMA then you will be given access to the Members Only Board where most of the banter takes place and the Information is. http://www.sama82.org/members/index.php? If you are not a member of SAMA then please join us, you will find the forms on the Membership page of the Main SAMA Website http://www.sama82.org/

5. Re: Military PTSD - It CAN be cured by "PTSD Resolution"

Well hopefully the pollies might take on board the warnings in the article below about the prevalence of homicides amongst PTSD affected soldiers in the US.

Independent: 14 Jan 08

6. Re: Military PTSD - It CAN be cured by "PTSD Resolution"

I just posted this on the AARSE site.

I don't believe in quick fixes, and I don't believe in magic pills.

From my experience this treatment is neither. Nor is it a cure-all.

But it HELPED ME.

And having had that help, I am beginning to cope with other aspects of my own condition and situation which before I couln't face.

I suppose that there are no easy answers to PTSD.

But, since seeing Piers, FOR ME, the nightmares have stopped. Yes, I still dream. I still dream a lot. More than average perhaps. But I don't wake up with cold sweats, hot sweats, fear, screaming, racing pulse, torn sheets, worried wife, exhausted, more tired than when I went to bed etc etc.
    And I don't go to bed terrified of what the night will bring any more.

Just that - just not having nightmares any more, and being able to control the panic when I feel it rising has made a difference I didn't believe was possible.

The treatment is non-agressive, non-invasive and doesn't involve drugs or personal pointed questioning. No laying bare of the soul, no being forced to talk about things that are too painful. No groups, just therapist and patient.

It may not work for you. Or it might. Who knows?

I knew a killick bunting once who used to say (all the bloody time), "Don't knock it till you've tried it."

Maybe he had a point.

7. Re: Military PTSD - It CAN be cured by "PTSD Resolution"

This is clearly a sensitive subject, one only has to read some of the agressive corresepondance on ARRSE to see that if you hadn't realised it before. My observation from limited experience is that in matters of the mind there seem to be few unique solutions, some thing work for some people and others for others. On this basis it is perhaps best to avoid becoming a champion for a sole solution.

There is though clearly not enough support in the UK for this or in fact most other mental problems so more is almost certainly better. Equally more may well help bring more of those who so far avoid seeking help either through fear of admitting weakness or those who feel their problems are not serious enough to warrant consuming scarse resources, into the arena where they can be helped.

8. Re: Military PTSD - It CAN be cured by "PTSD Resolution"

I'm no champion.

Simply making the point that it helped me.

On that basis, and that alone, I will be supporting Piers when he officially launches Resolution later this month.

9. [align=center]PTSD Resolution[/align]

The South Atlantic Medal Association - SAMA(82) and the Falklands Veterans Foundation [FVF] are backing this treatment for Military PTSD.

It is being launched officially at the Union Jack Club [UJC] in London on the 24th January 2008.

Dr. Morgan O'Connell is to be a Trustee. Morgan retired last year as the Chief Clinician of Combat Stress.

The Human Givens Foundation and The Falklands Veterans Foundation carried out an intial trial last year with a 100% sucess rate and 5 of those treated went on the Falklands25 Pilgrimage in November with no fears whatsoever. All of those treated are willing to talk to anyone about this treatment.

Please read all about it here --> http://www.ptsdresolution.org/

-----------------------------------------------------------------
    Due to incorrect information received by me and a subsequent assumption incorrectly made by me, I have to retract the statement above, posted by me, that this treatment is being officially backed / endorsed by the South Atlantic Medal Association (1982) and Dr Morgan O'Connell.

Morgan has been invited to be on the Board of Advisors of Resolution and is continuing to explore and evaluate their treatment.

SAMA (82) is exploring Resolution and other charitable organisations that offer treatment for PTSD. Combat Stress and the NHS are the only Organisations that treat PTSD that are endorsed by SAMA (82).

This is not a condemnation of Resolution treatment by SAMA (82) as it has proven to work on Falkland Veterans suffering from PTSD. It is a personal choice if any ex-military person wishes to use Resolution.

-------------------------------------------------------------

The Launch seemed to me to go well yesterday. It was attended by ex-service organisations, TV, Press, a Shadow Government Minister, and other interested people. Also present were some Veterans that have been treated sucessfully. On completion of the Presentation there followed a good Question and Answer session.