Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Military Online Gaming

andym said:
Ok so do you have to download software?I only ask as i only have a laptop and if it needs a fairly stonking bit of kit to play then i couldnt take part.

Yes you need the right software to play.

BF2 (which seems to be the game most of us have) requires that each player has a copy of the game installed on their PC.

The game costs approximately £30 to buy depending on where you purchase it from, from there it’s all free.
It costs nothing to play online against other players.

Our web site is just like Rum Ration or any other web site, you don’t need to download anything to logon and there are no membership fees.
We want it to be used as a place where we can all arrange to meet up online and play whatever online game tickles our fancy.

The site will evolve in whatever direction the membership want.

For those who don’t know what BF2 is, this is what I’m talking about

Morning chaps

I thought I’d pop in to let you know what’s been going on in our geeky little world.

So far we have 40 users registered on our clan site, 24 of whom have said they want to be clan members. A good result for our fledgling group.
Most of our membership appear to come from ARRSE, I know most of you don’t know what to do with a rifle but it would be good to have a few more of you join in (you can never have enough cannon fodder :D ).

As I’ve said in previous posts, our BF2 server is up and running now.
It’s not public so to logon you’ll need our IP address, port number, and password – details can be found on the clan site, if you have any problems then send me a PM and I’ll try to help.
There are positive and negative points to having a private server…
On the positive:
We should be relatively walt free.
Yes we’ve made our logon details public but we’ve only advertised them on ARRSE, E-Goat, and Rum Ration so any walts finding their way onto our server would have to be pretty dedicated to search us out.
All our members are over 18, most of them in their 30s and 40s, so you wont be playing with kids (I expect we’ll get the odd cadet, but how many of us honestly wouldn’t want to batter a few of them :twisted: ).
On the negative:
As we’re a private server the walts cant surf in so our games so far have been fairly small in number even though we have room for 32.
Also as a private server we cant use unlocked kits or rack up points, apparently you have to pay EA for that privilege but I’m hoping someone can correct me on that.

We have a lot of guys who are new to the game, they’ve been using the server to learn how to play.
We’ve been given the contact details of other military clans so I’m hoping we’ll be ready to play against them soon.
I’m also still hoping to get a few server raids going, we tried last night but a few stragglers got lost due to not yet knowing how to navigate around the public server list – it’ll happen with practise.

We still haven’t got a clan tag yet.
We did vote on [>>] only to find that BF2 doesn’t allow that as a prefix symbol.
We’ll be running another vote soon.

That’s about it for now.
I hope we’ll see more of you playing on our server now, there’s room for 32 so don’t be shy.

[quote="Goku

Yes you need the right software to play.

BF2 (which seems to be the game most of us have) requires that each player has a copy of the game installed on their PC.

[/quote]

Bugger!My lappy is not good enough to handle the graphics!!!!

I have BF2 but am not very good at it. I am a typical matelot with a gun - shoot everyone first and then see if he is the enemy. :)

Will try to join up with you over the next few days. Not long been back from holiday and sorting out all sorts of stuff right now.

Don’t worry about being any good, just join up any have a bit of fun with the rest of us.
We don’t expect much in the way of ability from you sailors anyway, I’m sure we can assign you dingy driving duties or maybe just use you as cannon fodder :wink:

I’ve received a few PMs on my Rum Ration account from people interested in joining in with the BF2 fun.

Please could you either PM me on ARRSE or on our BF2 clan site.
I really only come on RR to bait you guys into joining and the chances of me picking up my PMs regularly here are slim to none.

Cheers

We’re now using teamspeak on our BF2 server, typing abuse has now become redundant.

This game just keep getting cooler and cooler :D

Our previous clan website has been deleted by the web master in a childish fit so we have been forced to create a new site for the clan members.

Located here
http://z10.invisionfree.com/TriServiceGamers/index.php?s=2ede87af86f4bd954c1d73652871919f&act=idx

Our BF2 server and Ventrilo server are still running so nothing has really changed other than the web site.

The following people were members of the last site, I invite you all to register on the new clan site and let the fun continue.

4(T)
Ante_Lucem
ardentred
backhander
bazzinho
Beebs
Bennett
Biggles
Bio Freak
Birdy
braveheart
Bullet Sponge
CaptKaos
Carnage
Commander_Vimes
counterstrike
Cpl_Ripper
Crazy_Odball
cruncher
Darth_Doctrinus
DbyMA
doomsayer
Drain_Sniffer
Eric_The_Pixie
Fanboy
FatherJack
FluffyBunny
freedomofspeech
Futsukayoi
geordiehussar
hansvonhealing
HurryUP_And_Wait
jarrodevans
John Wayne
JohnHKY
JohnoMcSnatch
Juvenal
la299uk
Larven
Listy
Macks
Malik
MCop
me n bee
Monobrow
Mr.Angry
Nehustan
Northern_Biff
P4NZ3RGR3N4DI3R
Papa_Lazaroo
Red7
Rincewind
RogueGuineaPig
ROMEOCHARLIE
SillySubby
siv1642
skevans
SKJOLD
Soggy955
Southern_Fairy
Spud930
spuncan
strima
SuperTrooper
tafmad
Tango34_UK
TARTANTERROR
tebagagap
TELICvet
tgje06
The Doc
theoriginalphantom
Thermal_Warrior
the_butler
Topper_Logan
User NameHuzar
Warsteiner
welshblokemiles
Weston01
Wobbly
wolfhound
Zapp Brannigan
[NANO]Tom Dobbs

Anyone else who would like to join our clan or just have a few casual games with us, please feel free to register and join in.

Latest Threads