Military Cross to Navy medic

Hi Guys,

i`m sure your all aware of the female Navy medic who won the MC recently in Afghanistan (all 5` of her :wink: ). I`m curious to know how a navy medic ended up attached to an army infantry regiment, is this a common thing? Has the medical service become one big tri-service type affair these days?

Assuming this isn't a wah, she was attached to the Royal Marines, the Royal Navy's infantry, not the Army, as a medic. She was fulfilling the Navy's equivalent role of the Army's Combat Medical Assistant. It's normal practice.

Edit to add- no she wasn't, she was serving with 1 Rifles, the only Army infantry unit in 3 Commando Brigade, hence the Navy Medic.

themonkeyg0d said:
Hi Guys,

i`m sure your all aware of the female Navy medic who won the MC recently in Afghanistan (all 5` of her :wink: ). I`m curious to know how a navy medic ended up attached to an army infantry regiment, is this a common thing? Has the medical service become one big tri-service type affair these days?
You are thinking of Private Michelle Norris of the RAMC, who was the first female to receive the MC?