Military cap badges

Discussion in 'The Quarterdeck' started by Jack_McHammocklashing, Feb 7, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. It was the medals thread that brought this back to me

I was once a long time ago, the messman in the PO's Mess on HMS FEARLESS
    I was given the cap badge board,which contained every cap badge of every British Army unit
    I took it home on leave and it was in proud place in my parents home mounted on red baize

Many years later after my father had died (I visited monthly)I returned to visit mother and the board had gone

Every Army cap badge mounted on a large red velvet board had gone, a nice man had given my mother (aged 74)a carton of Embassy Regal Ciggarettes £40 cash for the Beckstein piano and a bottle of wine for the Oil Painting in the Hall, I spoke to the Police but they said, as she had willingly sold them nothing could be done

I know the "reputable" company , the "buyer" and one day he will meet his just deserts

I still posses my and my fathers medals, which I hope will stay in my family unless they get a "good price for them"

I truly believe a VC winner would prefer his family to have half a million quid and live life, than struggle and have a bit of bronze hanging on the wall IMHO
    I only wish again IMHO thieves should be shot
  2. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

3. wet_blobby

something has fcucked up here, trying to help but the good old puier is doing its own thing........................?
  4. wet_blobby

NOT responsible fore the above dit, sod your bloody cap badges.
  5. wet_blobby

being a computer biff have things improved?
  6. WB, never mind the cap badges mate, I want a copy of your Avatar!!!!!!
    I have a friend who used to be a WREN Officer, her husband would love it. Any chance, please?
  7. RoofRat...piccy was posted by Sgtpepperband originally on the Gronk board post in Quarterdeck. If you really want a copy i'm sure he wouldn't mind. If you want to PM me i can e-mail you a copy of the pic??
  8. Try looking up

You'll find uniforms to suit most tastes ... er, not that i would know anything about that though.

9. As if.........!! :grin: :grin: