Mild varicose veins an issue?

NateDogg

Lantern Swinger
Hello and sorry if this has been covered I can't find much on it.
I've recently found some mild varicose veins in my legs, they are popping out slightly but not much and only about 1 inch in length so not very big or overly noticeable unless you point them out. Just two small bumps. They don't effect me or my training or anything they just look a bit ugly.
Would they effect my application? The reason I'm asking is a lad mentioned he had an issue with joining the army with his but his are quite bad. I have my start date and everything so hoping these new ugly little things don't effect anything. I would get them seen to but as I said there not causing any problems at all and not very big, but I'm told they could be an issue. Any info would be great. Thanks

Mmm...Why not subtly disguise them with an attractive 3D tattoo - Who's to know?

(Rum talking, sorry about that. I'm sure a more serious answer will be along shortly. Beep Beep, must dash - AA meeting beckons...)

NateDogg

Lantern Swinger
I might tattoo one as Earth worm Jim haha, only thing I'm thinking is if say a PT notices them during phase 1 training or something. Think I might just leave them be and carry on their not exactly in your face but they are visible.
There not big it just depends on the medical requirements. Quite pricey to have them seen to and their not causing any issues.

dhobyitch

Lantern Swinger
I might tattoo one as Earth worm Jim haha, only thing I'm thinking is if say a PT notices them during phase 1 training or something. Think I might just leave them be and carry on their not exactly in your face but they are visible.
There not big it just depends on the medical requirements. Quite pricey to have them seen to and their not causing any issues.
Black fishnet stockings....covers a multitude of sins.

babygravy

Lantern Swinger
Varicose veins are mostly superficial, and PTIs are unlikely to say anything unless it is affecting you running etc.

If they are not affecting you, then just say nothing.

If you find one that branches out into two, you could get a stonking anchor tat!

NateDogg

Lantern Swinger
Fishnet suspenders and a tattoo of big Jim, sorted, they don't affect me at all they just look haggid mate. Just going by what I heard on them being an issue. Sound as a pound my varicose veinless friends.

Traminator

Lantern Swinger
If you have your start date, surely you should be asking your AFCO?
Hopefully for you it won't be a problem, but if it is you need to know now, not after you've started at Raleigh I would have thought...

NateDogg

Lantern Swinger
I know what your saying but this is why I'm asking first, I don't want to bring attention to something if it's not necessary. I've only just noticed them this past few weeks and only just got my start date.
I'd hate to ruin my start with an issue that doesn't effect me or my training/ work what so ever. I called local AFCO last week but the young lad was new and unsure on the phone.
Just wanted to know if anyone knew the facts on the issue. I'd of thought once joined and later down the line could get them see to if they do happen to become an issue? There is heat treatment or laser treatment or worse case key hole surgery.. and even the worst case you are in and out the same day and back to work the next. Mine are way off this they are small. It's just expensive if paying yourself..

@NateDogg Your OP re: Vari Vees dredged up a dark & unwanted musical memory from the deepest & greyer cells. As it's now on constant play-back within my inner ear the only way to be rid of it is to confess it & transfer it to you where it might continue to reverberate there for another 53 years.

Re. The Beatles "You Can't Do That" ['twas flip side of "Can't Buy Me Love" released 20 March 1964]

Originally:
I got something to say that might cause you pain
If I catch you talking to that boy again
I'm gonna let you down
And leave you flat
Because I told you before, oh
You can't do that...
etc.

Matelot's Version:
I got something to give you that might cause you pain
It's a 12-inch chopper with a varicose vein,
I'm gonna lay you down
And make you fat
Because I told you before, oh
You can't do that...
etc.

Apologies for Thread Drift.

PS Best of luck at HMS RALEIGH - Arrive with no illusions then you'll leave with only few.