Migrants should volunteer - Brown

janner

MIA
Book Reviewer
I've never understood why people granted citizenship should get it for life, if they act against their adopted country it should have the right to revoke their citizenship and return them to the country of orgin. If they face penalties on returning to their original country its their problem, maybe one that they should have thought about before p+ssing on the place that offers them safety.

SILVER_FOX

War Hero
It is a contentious idea but I agree (for once) with Mr Brown. It seems reasonable that getting involved would allow them to "stake a claim" in the country that is effectively adopting them.

I also agree with janner on the idea that it should not necessarily be granted for life. We should at least have the ability to revoke it in situations where the person has committed a serious crime and is deemed no longer worthy of the right.

SF

Will this idea be retrospective? I'd also love to see it applied to the shell-suited, burberry cap brigade who make a living by scrounging on the dole.

I'm not suggesting all those on benefits are scroungers by the way, but making people do unpaid community service 3 or 4 days a week would instill the work ethic, give them some self respect and give society something in return for their benefits.

All in all, it's a fine idea, but once the human rights "experts" and the lawyers get their hands on it, I can't see it happening too soon. Also, bearing in mind how easy it is to lose track of people in this country these days.

Did I hear the sound of spinning . . . . ?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MoD_RSS Press release: UK aid to help support Colombia as it hosts Venezuelan migrants and refugees MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Payment scheme for former British child migrants MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: New pilot schemes to support migrants at risk of detention MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: HMS Enterprise and HMS Richmond rescue over 540 migrants MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: HMS Enterprise rescues over 350 migrants MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: HMS Enterprise rescues over 450 migrants MoD News 0
babygravy HMS Bulwark rescues more migrants in Middle East Current Affairs 30
MoD_RSS News story: HMS Bulwark rescues over 400 migrants MoD News 0
Flammin Gallah Eastern European Migrants Boost Economy Insignificant Current Affairs 0
slim MIGRANTS FREED TO HEAD TO BRITAIN Current Affairs 2
slim Many migrants do not integrate Diamond Lil's 41
brazenhussy Texts to deter illegal migrants The Quarterdeck 28
slim No stoning, Canada migrants told The Quarterdeck 6
B RECORD MIGRANTS Current Affairs 4
MoD_RSS Guidance to parents and guardians: when you should book a coronavirus test for your child MoD News 0
G Should I tell my AFCO? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
K Passed medical, what is next and how long should I expect before intake? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
MoD_RSS How should competition policy react to coronavirus? MoD News 0
MoD_RSS 8 things you should know about your student loan MoD News 0
C Should I inform my afco about going to doctors? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 6
M Should I join the Reserves or Regular? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 4
MoD_RSS General public should not have to pay for 101 non-emergency calls from tomorrow MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Should an oral hearing be impacted by the coronavirus? MoD News 0
J Joining as a chef, should I join the RFA or the RN? RFA 11
J Should I join the RN or RFA as a chef. Joining the Royal Navy 6
MoD_RSS Housing Secretary: beautiful homes should become 'norm' MoD News 0
P How long before should you prepare for the PJFT? Joining the Royal Navy 20
MoD_RSS Charity can and should lead the way in taking people’s expectations seriously MoD News 0
slim Anyone should be allowed to 'identify' as black regardless of the colour of their skin or background, say university leaders Current Affairs 16
slim Should ID be required when Voting? Current Affairs 36
D Should I wait until PRNC? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
slim Should Retired Old and Bold Pharts Leave RR? Diamond Lil's 59
U First deployment coming up soon, what should I bring? RFA 12
MoD_RSS All new rapid chargepoints should offer card payment by 2020 MoD News 0
B What should I do. Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
MoD_RSS Speech: International community should be united in demanding peace in Sudan and Darfur MoD News 0
skyvet Chas Cooke (Why Should Britain Tremble) The Book Club 5
B What should I do? UPO/Careers Office 36
MoD_RSS Speech: Effective solutions to gender issues should be sustained: speech by Philip Smith MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Key facts you should know about the apprenticeship levy MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Speech: ‘What should the Spending Review focus on?’: speech by the Chief Secretary to the Treasury MoD News 0
slim Should the average white person apologise for Slavery? Diamond Lil's 26
MoD_RSS Press release: Damian Hinds: School leaders should ditch email culture to cut workload MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Girls’ education should be a development priority for the Commonwealth MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Business and communities should plan now for climate change MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Five steps motorists should take to avoid deer collisions this autumn MoD News 0
N Should I even be considering this? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 9
B Should I have received an application form in the post? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
vauxhall What is Abatement and Why Should I Care? Finance & Pensions 0
T what format and how long should my urn be. Joining the Royal Navy 14