Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by Scarface2009, May 8, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi

Me mate is interested in joining the Navy/Marines. He does however suffers from Migraines. I told him that they may not let him in for this. he just laughed it off as he says it is not on his medical records, he did used to get them a lot, but will they find out when he is in?, he has excema on his thigh, will that stop him?

He just wants to know if it is worth applying
  2. All excrement, especially on thighs should be removed before applying. Migraines might be a bit of a headache though ...
  3. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

There's a tineey weeny difference between Navy/Marine. (all about Laura Ashley fashion). has he made his mind up which he wants to join? this may be the cause of the migraine.
  4. lol the problem is, that he is all talk, he says am going to do this and that but in the end he doesnt, he says he prefers the marines, he does do a lot of running, i remember one night we were camping out, he had a migraine and he was on the floor because it was that bad!!, but when i think back to it, i think it was rather funny
  5. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

Soleil has given you the proper pc, hug a knob answer.

Mine is fcuk off [email protected]
  6. Hi,

Both of Your friends problems could be a bar to entry. However, the best thing for him to do is apply and then let the Naval Medical Examiner tell him for definate.

Whilst he's at the AFCO he can talk through the job choices as well.

7. Supermario

Much more polite (and probably helpful!) than what I was going to say! I don't like people trying to fool me. Contrary to popular belief doctors arn't that stupid and in my specialty - emergency medicine - we can spot horseshit a mile off.
  8. So my "Honest Doc I was hoovering naked and somehow the tube got stuck on the end of my......" is unlikely to be believed?
    Damn, still trying to get over the embarrassment of the light bulb up the ricker debacle!
  9. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

You were alright with the light bulb, it was the full length insertion of a 6 foot flourescent tube that beggered belief :oops:
  10. Yes, deep throating is off!! 8O
  11. I watched a programme on tv some time ago where all the docs involved agreed on one thing, it's a lot rarer than reported.
    They said, "if someone in your family has migraine, note when the attacks happen, usually it's when a chore requires doing like the dishes after dinner or some other thing the supposed sufferer don't like doing".

I believe them.