Mighty Lusty grown to Nimitz class?

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by scouse, Oct 20, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Granada TV this mornings coverage of .The Mighty Lusty Leaving Port. Mixed up the photos of Lusty and a Nimitz class carrrier :thumright: Very impressive. :w00t: :thumright:
  2. Don't you just love the press.

And to think there will be people out there thinking we have a super carrier!!!!!

No wonder this countries [email protected]! Between the governments misinformation and the press's misinterpretation!

How many times have we seen the news a naval helicopter rescues - to be shown a crab yellow peril! They should sack all there researchers and employ matelots.
  3. Lads and Lasses it happens down here to...Like a visit from a Nimitz Class recently....'The Navy's carrier arrived off Townsville today there will be a lot of Aussie sailors in town....except the RAN dont have a carrier! :w00t:
  4. :whew: Is that the same Townsville ie bombing range??? We used to drop shed loads of ordanance , From the Victorious in their via the Buccs and Sea Vixens :w00t: :thumright:
  5. ROGER
  6. The media is terrible at all things military - examples (off the top of my head):

- referring to marines as soldiers
    - not recognising the rank/rate of servicepeople when referring to them
    - referring to POs and CPOs as Officers

... and there are probably a lot more.
  7. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

With Marines, technically they are soldiers, albeit sea soldiers (try saying that after a pint!) but yep, the press often think they are in the Army because they wear green.

At AFCO level, you will frequently see Royals wearing green poloshirts & CS95 trousers with "Royal Marines Commando" in hoofing-big letters on the back (for the hard of hearing) to differentiate from their Army colleagues. Likewise, now that sailors no longer wear white fronts in AFCOs, they sometimes wear navy blue polo shirts with Royal Navy in big letters on the back to stop them being confused with bus drivers.
  8. A picture editor at the Pompey News once almost put in a photograph captioned "HMS Bismark" [sic] :wtf: Luckily, I caught that one before it appeared in the paper... :whew:
  9. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

He'd have got away with it in Pompey, I reckon.
  10. Seaweed

Seaweed War Hero Book Reviewer

Even worse, Waspie, when pics and news of an FAA helo rescue are ascribed to the Crabs.
  11. All this hardly matters when you factor in that most of the public don't care squat about us anyway.

12. Until there son/daughter is involved then they don't leave you alone.
  13. Oh well, I once watched a documentary about the WW2 Carrier Arc Royal, and they in several places showed pictures of the current ship!
  14. Scouse

Where was this? :w00t:
  15. Australian skyhawk? HMAS Melbourne? Off Columbo Sri lanka 1980? 805 Squadron?
  16. when we mention - sorry mentioned Sea Harriers and them showed pictures of the old variant - used to make so me mad i'd pen a flexop just to calm down
  17. When we lived in Gods country, the local Backward TV consistently reffered to RAF Culdrose
  18. Notice 819 the bearded Chockhead motionless with his wands :w00t: :thumright:
  19. Hope the Aussie Jockey, is not flying Quantas jets now :thumright: Struth Dundee :whew:
  20. Hate it when they say THE HMS :w00t: :thumright: