Might have a problem...

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by Rookie-WWFC, May 23, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Join in 4 weeks and a few days, think I might have broke my hand don't want to go doctors, if it doesn't get better by my start date what do I do?

2. go to A&E u numpty, whatta a silly question lol

3. witsend

witsend War Hero Book Reviewer

Lollipop stick and some sellotape. A&E is for mincers.

4. Ring your AFCO on Tuesday and tell them the score, if you turn up at Raleigh with an injury they will not be amused.
    This looks as though you will have a new date to join......and get to A&E as the previous poster suggested.

5. witsend

Just think about it, you won't have to buff your shoes, iron or clean. Someone else will get all your kit to look after, winner!

6. You're gonna be doing press-ups and allsorts u silly sausage, i'd seriously get it sorted, that is unless you're an expert at one-handed press-ups!

7. As already mentioned you need to get yourself to A&E first and then phone the AFCO first thing Monday morning to let them know the score. It's not worth risking long term injury and you're only going to be wasting you're time and the time of the instructors if you turn up at HMS Raleigh with a broken hand.

8. witsend

You'll be excused PT and while everyone else is digging out you'll be drinking coffee in the office with your good hand, winner!

9. Shiny.........AFCO's are shut Bank Holidays. :)

10. Agreed. Sellotape always does the job, in any job you need done. :)

11. Not the answer I was looking for, I think if I leave it it will get better, and because it's in the back of my hand I could do a press up already and in 4 weeks I think it will be fine.

12. Assumption is the mother of all fcuk up's.

13. That's what night shifts do to you, i'd forgotten what day of the week it was. Best make that Tuesday morning instead. :)

14. It sounds like you might have done your Scaphoid bone mate in which case pop along to A&E for an X-ray. There will probably just splint it but its peace of mind otherwise it might lead to complications later on.

The R.N will understand.

15. how did you manage to do this anyway????

16. wanking

17. Seriously that is NOT A GOOD IDEA!
    It might be something or nothing but it might be broken, you don't want a bone healing crooked or anything. Honestly if it is broke then you're gonaa regret not getting it sorted now! 8O

18. I honestly think it will be fine, I did it giving someone a punch which sounds aweful and is another reason I'd rather not go to the doctor's, theres a slight bump and bit of bruising in the back of my hand and palm and that's where the pain is, I just don't want to have my date set back by 6 months into that nasty winter, I'm gonna leave it till the day I go to re evaluate it and if I decide I can't do it then then I will pull out.

19. Already got a finger on the same hand that has healed exactly how you say, crooked, bit of pain now and again but nothing I can't handle.

"You're gonna be doing press-ups and allsorts u silly sausage"

no shit?

20. Doctor. Now. Don't be a moron.

6 months now, or medically discharged and then 6+ months?