Midsomer Murder Mystery

Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by trelawney126, Mar 14, 2011.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Reminds me of when the makers of Cludo, in the spirit of multiculturism, introduced a black guy along with Colonel Mustard, Proff. Plum etc..................now all you have to do is find the weapon and the room.
  2. Isn't it interesting how we now treat people who tell the truth. The moral seems to be, lie lots and pretend like buggery.
  3. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Good bit of publicity for a crap programme that nobody watched in the first place... :roll:
  4. The show's a whodunnit right? You're supposed to try and guess?
    If there were people of colour in it, well you'd know who done it wouldn't you!
  5. sgtpepperband

Hypocrite... :roll:
  6. I always wondered what I liked about that show....
    Ethnic minorities always seem to be unhappy/dripping about something....If they want a programe featuring black faces they should have let them keep the Black & White Minstral Show...

7. It wouldn't make any difference to the aficianados of the programme; either would be much the same.
    Sent with utter and total prejudice of course:happy7:
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2011
  8. What 'truth' are you referring to?
  9. Can we have a white music award night as I find just having the black music award night discrimotory.
  10. What an original thought!

What does 'discrimotory' mean oh Great White Patriot?
  11. It should be discriminatory but Microsoft outlook spellcheck accepts it as a real word. It doesn't seem to have a meaning though when googled spooky.

On further investigation it has been manually added to the dictionary by someone other than me. Sorry for the speeling erroar.
  12. My bold

Very good. Deflecting an argument as well as trying to belittle a poster who has diametrically opposite views as to yourself all in one sentence.
  13. I agree; and probably destroyed a thread in the making.

Ho hum :sleepy2:
  14. sgtpepperband

Diesel: But it was a crap thread ayway; a bunch of DM-reading farts getting outraged [sic]about a crap programme that nobody really watches anyway, about a way of life that has not existed in this country for decades. Just ask the ethic members of Wallingford in Oxfordshire, where much of the programme was filmed, whether they felt their community contributions were acknowledged by the programme makers... :roll:
  15. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

Thats a lot of nobodies

Midsomer Murders is sold to 206 territories, including the United States.

The pilot episode The Killings at Badger’s Drift attracted a 13.5 million audience at its launch in 1997 – the highest rating single drama in that year. The series regularly attracts high audiences, even repeat episodes, constantly winning its slot and beating the opposition

Very few ethanic persons in Dorset rural villages, non in mine or several of the other villages nearby. Before the outrage starts among the normal lefties this is factual not racial
  16. sgtpepperband

"Very few ethnic persons in Dorset villages, none in mine or several other villages nearby..."

And why do you think that is? I imagine the house prices are only partly to blame... :oops:
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2011
  17. To provide some balancing perspective, the population of Wallingford is reported to be "over 7,000" (Ox Towns link) of which "more than 100" (Indy link) are from "ethnic groups". While c.1.4% of the population is not zero, it is hardly a 'significant' minority in terms of numbers and visibility.
  18. sgtpepperband

NG: And while a large number of the significant members of the (white) members of Wallingford have appeared as characters in MSM, how many non-white members where asked?

This is the basis of the production company's investigation into the Producer's comments.
  19. I was watching a programme about Eskimos and I think it's dashed unfair that not one black eskimo was apparent, init inuit.:blackeye: