Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Midsomer Murder Mystery

Flagdeck

War Hero
Reminds me of when the makers of Cludo, in the spirit of multiculturism, introduced a black guy along with Colonel Mustard, Proff. Plum etc..................now all you have to do is find the weapon and the room.

The show's a whodunnit right? You're supposed to try and guess?
If there were people of colour in it, well you'd know who done it wouldn't you!

UncleAlbert

War Hero
I always wondered what I liked about that show....
Ethnic minorities always seem to be unhappy/dripping about something....If they want a programe featuring black faces they should have let them keep the Black & White Minstral Show...

Merlin28

War Hero
What an original thought!

What does 'discrimotory' mean oh Great White Patriot?

It should be discriminatory but Microsoft outlook spellcheck accepts it as a real word. It doesn't seem to have a meaning though when googled spooky.

On further investigation it has been manually added to the dictionary by someone other than me. Sorry for the speeling erroar.

flymo

War Hero
What an original thought!

What does 'discrimotory' mean oh Great White Patriot?

My bold

Very good. Deflecting an argument as well as trying to belittle a poster who has diametrically opposite views as to yourself all in one sentence.

diesel

Lantern Swinger
My bold

Very good. Deflecting an argument as well as trying to belittle a poster who has diametrically opposite views as to yourself all in one sentence.

I agree; and probably destroyed a thread in the making.

Ho hum :sleepy2:

sgtpepperband

War Hero
Book Reviewer
Diesel: But it was a crap thread ayway; a bunch of DM-reading farts getting outraged [sic]about a crap programme that nobody really watches anyway, about a way of life that has not existed in this country for decades. Just ask the ethic members of Wallingford in Oxfordshire, where much of the programme was filmed, whether they felt their community contributions were acknowledged by the programme makers... :roll:

janner

MIA
Book Reviewer
Good bit of publicity for a crap programme that nobody watched in the first place... :roll:

Thats a lot of nobodies

Midsomer Murders is sold to 206 territories, including the United States.

The pilot episode The Killings at Badger’s Drift attracted a 13.5 million audience at its launch in 1997 – the highest rating single drama in that year. The series regularly attracts high audiences, even repeat episodes, constantly winning its slot and beating the opposition

Very few ethanic persons in Dorset rural villages, non in mine or several of the other villages nearby. Before the outrage starts among the normal lefties this is factual not racial

sgtpepperband

War Hero
Book Reviewer
"Very few ethnic persons in Dorset villages, none in mine or several other villages nearby..."

And why do you think that is? I imagine the house prices are only partly to blame... :oops:

Last edited:
Diesel: But it was a crap thread ayway; a bunch of DM-reading farts getting outraged [sic]about a crap programme that nobody really watches anyway, about a way of life that has not existed in this country for decades. Just ask the ethic members of Wallingford in Oxfordshire, where much of the programme was filmed, whether they felt their community contributions were acknowledged by the programme makers... :roll:

To provide some balancing perspective, the population of Wallingford is reported to be "over 7,000" (Ox Towns link) of which "more than 100" (Indy link) are from "ethnic groups". While c.1.4% of the population is not zero, it is hardly a 'significant' minority in terms of numbers and visibility.

sgtpepperband

War Hero
Book Reviewer
NG: And while a large number of the significant members of the (white) members of Wallingford have appeared as characters in MSM, how many non-white members where asked?

This is the basis of the production company's investigation into the Producer's comments.

bollotom

War Hero
I was watching a programme about Eskimos and I think it's dashed unfair that not one black eskimo was apparent, init inuit.:blackeye:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MoD_RSS Charity regulator disqualifies individual as trustee over death threats and incitements to murder MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK-Pakistan close working helps convict man for murder of Dr Imran Farooq in UK MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK statement on the murder of Boris Nemtsov MoD News 0
soleil i News: "BBC And ITV In Battle Over Rival British Nuclear Submarine Murder Dramas" Submariners 10
MoD_RSS Speech: "The Russian State was responsible for the attempted murder...and for threatening the lives of other British citizens in Salisbury." MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: FCO Minister appalled by reported murder of Yazidis MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Foreign Secretary appalled by apparent murder of Japanese hostage MoD News 0
BillyNoMates Murder on New Years Eve Current Affairs 0
babygravy Marine convicted of Afghan murder named Current Affairs 34
tentoes Murder case dropped. The Corps 3
Handler RM's on murder charge Current Affairs 14
tam Couple sentenced to 25 years for murder of daughter. Current Affairs 123
SARKING Murder 70 Years Ago History 2
janner Murder at tesco Miscellaneous 2
Gombear Murder on board British Merchantman 1856 History 0
wet_blobby Docter Kelly....Murder? Diamond Lil's 2
D Facebook murder victim's relatives query police tactics Current Affairs 2
soleil Mail: "Operation Catapult: Mass murder or stroke of genius?" History 15
finknottle Royal Marine charged with murder Current Affairs 4
slim Murder accused handed to Iraqi authorities Current Affairs 6
K Boys sentenced over Goth murder Current Affairs 21
H Woolmer Murder Suspect picture released Diamond Lil's 4
sgtpepperband Mass murder in the skies: was the plot feasible? Current Affairs 50
B pennant mystery History 7
MoD_RSS Press release: Ancient migration mystery could be solved after eels fitted with satellite tags MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Mystery of 2 unknown British soldiers finally solved MoD News 0
Ninja_Stoker Tjipetir mystery: Why are rubber-like blocks washing up on beaches? The Quarterdeck 4
W Mystery Item History 0
soleil Wales Online: "The British Naval Hero, A 'Mystery Ship' And U-boat 83 " History 5
soleil BBC: "World War 2 Uneaten Christmas Cake Mystery Solved" Submariners 0
T Mystery of 200-year-old British soldier found in the dunes of Holland Current Affairs 11
scouse Mystery wings The Fleet Air Arm 17
soleil Strategy Page (US): "The Royal Navy And The Mystery Rudder Disease" Submariners 9
BillyNoMates The Spitfire mystery? The Fleet Air Arm 16
instinct The mystery of the Quoins, Forbidden passage through the Persian Gulf History 2
fredtubb LS&GC Medal ( Mystery ) Site Issues 9
Rodgersthecabinboy Mystery Ship. History 15
Hermes_R12 Derbyshire Police appeal to identify mystery object Current Affairs 15
soleil The Bing Search Engine; An Eternal Source Of Mystery Bloody Computers 9
soleil WalesOnline: "Mystery Over Suspension Of RAF Valley Pilot" The Fleet Air Arm 2
S Pearl Harbour - Mystery of the killer subs The Quarterdeck 0
S Pearl Harbour - Mystery of the killer subs Submariners 0
TattooDog Mystery of Missile Test Failure Solved for New Destroyers The Fleet 17
soleil Birmingham Mail: "Experts perplexed by medal mystery" Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 0
soleil RN EOD Team called to mystery object on Burnham-on-Sea beach Bases / Shore Est 0
soleil Faslane Dog Handler spots mystery "Big Cat" Submariners 8
The_Jimmy Christmas the Mystery Diamond Lil's 8
S Russian submariner photo mystery Submariners 10
C Logistics - dispell some myths or add to the mystery?? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 8