Micropigmentation Issue

I decided to enlist in the Navy over a year ago and have been training and brushing up on necessary information for my chosen branch (Engineering) however earlier today I checked over the policy on tattoos and need a little advice.

I'm 25 and through an accident I received burns on my shoulder and scalp at the back. I was offered treatment to help with the scalp burns through a micro pigmentation free of charge and decided to have it done over three years ago now. The issue I have ran into is that technically this is a tattoo and although it looks nothing like a tattoo and imitates the rest of my hair shaved at the back I am concerned this could remove all possibility of making it.

I have attempted to contact through the Royal Navy website to get help with this however they're experiencing technical issues it seems and wondered whether anybody on here has any advice.

Thank you kindly.

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
I decided to enlist in the Navy over a year ago and have been training and brushing up on necessary information for my chosen branch (Engineering) however earlier today I checked over the policy on tattoos and need a little advice.

I'm 25 and through an accident I received burns on my shoulder and scalp at the back. I was offered treatment to help with the scalp burns through a micro pigmentation free of charge and decided to have it done over three years ago now. The issue I have ran into is that technically this is a tattoo and although it looks nothing like a tattoo and imitates the rest of my hair shaved at the back I am concerned this could remove all possibility of making it.

I have attempted to contact through the Royal Navy website to get help with this however they're experiencing technical issues it seems and wondered whether anybody on here has any advice.

Thank you kindly.
I've known females with tattoo-ed eyebrows, contrary to the tattoo policy, join the service without issue so I'd sincerely hope common sense prevails with regard a cosmetic tattoo, following injury. I suspect you'll be OK, subject obviously to verification via your processing AFCO.

Good luck.