METOC waiting time

Hi,
This ones for ninja if he's about!
I'm asking for a friend who's son is going for his interview in a couple of weeks but is after a heads up. Would you know what the waiting time is for METOC's?
I looked back at the recent chef/ma thread that had waiting times on but it wasn't shown.

Thanks in advance for your help

MA: 24 months
Logs(CS)(P) (Chef to the rest of us): 2 months
AET: 3 months
Comms Tech: 9 months
Diver; 10 months
ET(ME): 6 months
ET(WE): 9 months
MA(SM):18 months
NA(AH): 18 months
NA(SE): 3 months
SEA SPEC: 9 months
Logs(SC) (old SA): 6 months
WS(HM): 15 months
WS(MW): 2 months
WS: 2 months
Logs(Pers) (Old writer): 3 months
Logs(CS)(D) (Old steward): Are you busy at the end of next month?
CIS: Ditto

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
To be honest, I sometimes can't keep apace of the changes either. (Weapons Engineers, Operator Mechanics, and the list goes on.... "Ooh, I know, lets change the name "Chef" to "Logistician Catering Services Preparation"- it makes it so much easier for everyone to understand").

I seem to remember reading something recently that Hydrography & Meteorology were again being streamed back to their old source branches after joining as a WS(HM). It's probably worth having a double check on that one. (I'm on leave at the mo').

Similarly WS submariners are again being re-streamed back into sonar & tactical trades. Air Engineers have a high fail-rate in phase two training since the additional Maths test was removed from the selection procedure- sooner or later some genius will think to re-introduce the badly needed test.

In days of yore, of course, we used to have Survey Recorders for the Hydrographic & Oceanographic bit and the METOCs as the Wincy Willis "weathergirls".

Whilst change for the better is welcome, "Wheel re-invention" is sadly that which some people seem to excel at.

Ninja_Stoker said:
I seem to remember reading something recently that Hydrography & Meteorology were again being streamed back to their old source branches after joining as a WS(HM). It's probably worth having a double check on that one. (I'm on leave at the mo').
I can confirm this Ninja . My AFCO emailed me to inform me of the change as it will take place before I join.

metocman

Lantern Swinger
It is indeed true, as predicted by many in the branch who said "that just won't work" we were told to wind our necks in and shut up, now 3 years later we find out that, yes you've guessed it! it hasn't bloody worked and so now we go back to source branch(with a new name of course!)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 11
pondwater Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 28
Skully The Fleet 4