METOC waiting time

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by MrsElvis, Mar 21, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi,
    This ones for ninja if he's about!
    I'm asking for a friend who's son is going for his interview in a couple of weeks but is after a heads up. Would you know what the waiting time is for METOC's?
    I looked back at the recent chef/ma thread that had waiting times on but it wasn't shown.

Thanks in advance for your help

2. MA: 24 months
    Logs(CS)(P) (Chef to the rest of us): 2 months
    AET: 3 months
    Comms Tech: 9 months
    Diver; 10 months
    ET(ME): 6 months
    ET(WE): 9 months
    MA(SM):18 months
    NA(AH): 18 months
    NA(SE): 3 months
    SEA SPEC: 9 months
    Logs(SC) (old SA): 6 months
    WS(HM): 15 months
    WS(MW): 2 months
    WS: 2 months
    Logs(Pers) (Old writer): 3 months
    Logs(CS)(D) (Old steward): Are you busy at the end of next month?
    CIS: Ditto

3. Thanks for that r_s_l, i'm not uptodate with these new fangled job titles!

4. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

To be honest, I sometimes can't keep apace of the changes either. (Weapons Engineers, Operator Mechanics, and the list goes on.... "Ooh, I know, lets change the name "Chef" to "Logistician Catering Services Preparation"- it makes it so much easier for everyone to understand").

I seem to remember reading something recently that Hydrography & Meteorology were again being streamed back to their old source branches after joining as a WS(HM). It's probably worth having a double check on that one. (I'm on leave at the mo').

Similarly WS submariners are again being re-streamed back into sonar & tactical trades. Air Engineers have a high fail-rate in phase two training since the additional Maths test was removed from the selection procedure- sooner or later some genius will think to re-introduce the badly needed test.

In days of yore, of course, we used to have Survey Recorders for the Hydrographic & Oceanographic bit and the METOCs as the Wincy Willis "weathergirls".

Whilst change for the better is welcome, "Wheel re-invention" is sadly that which some people seem to excel at.

5. I can confirm this Ninja . My AFCO emailed me to inform me of the change as it will take place before I join.

6. It is indeed true, as predicted by many in the branch who said "that just won't work" we were told to wind our necks in and shut up, now 3 years later we find out that, yes you've guessed it! it hasn't bloody worked and so now we go back to source branch(with a new name of course!)