Method for enlarging and shaping a root canal

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by Richard26, Dec 31, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. A dental laser assembly is disclosed for use in eradicating carious lesions in teeth, the treatment of sensitive teeth, as well as the removal of soft tissue, the incising of the frenum, opurculum, anestesia of the tooth, etching enamel for restorations or orthodontic appliance fixation, the welding of fixed prosthesis, removal of bacterial flora periodontal pockets, removal and/or vaporization of healthy or necrotic pulp, the vertical and/or horizontal condensation of gutta percha or any other root canal sealant, the cauterization of blood vessels in the oral cavity, vaporizing bone tissue, removing tartar, apical fusion of foramina, enlarging and shaping root canal, removing carbon from surface of teeth, removal of enamel, bleaching teeth, etching dentin, separating orthodontic brackets, merging hydroxyapatite to bone and enamel, amalgam removal and undercutting of carious and/or healthy dentin and/or cementum.

The laser assembly of Root Canal treatment includes a housing having a cavity in which a pulsed laser in contained. The laser is excited so that the laser emits a laser beam along a predetermined axis that is in line with a fiber optic delivery system and at a pulse rate of one to 10,000 pulses per second and an average power variable from one tenth to 50 watts. A handpiece is dimensioned to be inserted into a human mouth while an optical fiber optically connects the laser output to the handpiece. The laser assembly also includes a continuous output aiming laser which, upon activation, provides a continuous laser aiming beam coaxial to the treatment beam. Both beams are then introduced into a fiber optic delivery system.
  2. [​IMG] WTF??!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  3. I think you are in the wrong forum mate but good dit. I now am realy scared of the tooth doctor now.
  4. Interesting, but how does a laser "bleach" teeth. An "optical fiber" connects the laser energy "optically"? How else could it? What is the laser emitter dopant? What is the frequency spectra emitted and how is drift and pulse duration controlled?

All these questions and more in.... "Talking bollocks on the internet", tonight after a heavy session down the Red Lion.....
  5. Google-tastic!
  6. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

This is so random it's actually amusing.
  7. That's the theory out of the way, now what about some info on the actual technique involved, so those unfortunates without an NHS dentist feel able to do a bit of DIY.
  8. Indeed! Here is my google-tastic contribution to the exciting field of Dentistry (I've kept it below 250 words so as not to be a show-off at cutting and pasting):

Ancient Evolution of Dentistry

Since the earliest days of the world, men had been looking for resources to improve oral health and to alleviate the pain with their teeth.

Some Egyptians who were called "dentist" started to replace dental pieces and created remedies. They were the ones to act against dental decay. In 5,000 BC, they believed that the causes of a toothache were little worms. According to the article, Ancient Origins (2004, ¶ 2) “Hesy-Re is the earliest known reference to a person identified as a dental practitioner.â€

Between 500-300 BC, two famous Greeks (Hippocrates and Aristotle) wrote about dentistry. They talked about comparative anatomy between teeth, eruption pattern and function of teeth, among others. By that time, the Greeks discovered an instrument which was used for extracting teeth.

In the Middle East and the Orient, people began to be concern more for oral health; therefore, they created products for oral hygiene, and anesthetics from nature were beginning to be used. Opium was their best choice.

The Romans (100 BC) started to focus on oral diseases. Before removing cavities, they fill out the teeth with some kind of thread.

Mexican Indians tried to prevent cavities by eating food without sugar. In case of the cavities appear, they fill it out with red cement called “mastique.†They used an anesthetic which was called “zumaque.†All these care was because Mexican considered teeth as a part of the body that had to be decorated and painted.

Paper written by Heymi Tejeda (shite grammar included)
  9. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

I can google, cut and paste too..

Here's my handy hints for oral hygiene. :thumright:

For oral sex on a woman, use a latex barrier (a small sheet of latex which acts a barrier between the vagina or anus and mouth) to prevent spreading HIV or other STIs. Latex barriers (known as 'dental dams') are available at some UK pharmacies and can be purchased online.

Condoms should be used when performing oral sex on a man. Some people complain that condoms have a rubbery taste and lessen the sensation on the penis, so using thinner or flavoured ones may help. Also, using a small amount of lubricant inside the condom could help increase sensation - but only use water-based lubricants on latex condoms. Oil-based lubricants such as petroleum jelly will weaken them.

If you have any sores or cuts in your mouth, you should avoid oral sex. Also, don't brush or floss your teeth right before you have oral sex. This could tear the lining of the mouth, and increase your risk of catching any viruses that may be present. If you want to freshen your mouth first, try mouthwash or mints instead. :dwarf:

I can hear the women crying out already...."I'm off to floss me teeth before I go down on you.".....
  10. That is so true. After about a week, they definitely start to lose their shape and show signs tearing.
  11. Tell it to the Tooth Fairy :director: brushteeth
  12. I should have though afterwards was a more opportune that why she keeps mouthwash in the drawer with the KY spray??
  13. A Fang Farrier touting for business perhaps? It's a tad bizarre, to say the least.
  14. Only you Blobbs could post such a fantastic google find!. :salut:
  15. I hear that they taste disgusting... Their flavour is so overpowering that you forget you are orally massaging something delicate and, in the case of the banana flavoured ones, you can believe that your mouth is circumnavigating an overripe banana.... though of course this is sometimes true! ;) :tongue:

I don't know if any of this is true, of course. ;) Maybe Sgtpepperband, font of all knowledge of sexual matters, can confirm? :biggrin:

Thanks Blobbs for redirecting my attention away for the Season's festivities back onto sailorly pursuits of yore! :lol:
  16. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Taste like shite, but last for hours... cheaper than chewing gum! :thumright: