Metal plate in my hand

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by Gumble10, Mar 26, 2013.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I broke my hand a couple years ago, I now have a plate and screws in it. Will this be an issue in my medical? (by the way I have full movement in my hand and there seems to no on going problems) thanks
  2. There is an old navy saying "The hand that wanks the captain steers the ship"
    Dya rckn your hand is good enough?:tongue8:
  3. Yeah I have absolutely no problem with it, I play rugby and box with it so I can't see it would be a problem, just don't know what the medical doctor would have to say about it
  4. You will get a sensible answer from Angrydoc, he's pretty good for a straight medical answer
  5. You may have snags if degaussing goes off and you get stuck to the bulkhead!
    • Like Like x 4
  6. OMM

OMM War Hero

Does it go off every time you pass through security at the airport?
  7. Why would your hand go off if you pass through a security gate? He's got a metal plate, not a suicide mitt.
    • Like Like x 1
  8. What like "Died by his own hand"?
    • Like Like x 1
  9. OMM

OMM War Hero

Shoe bombers long lost accomplice maybe?
  10. Answered via PM, but for info:

Should be ok as long as simple fracture, not involving a joint, fixed without complication or ongoing problems.
  11. Think it's one of those joke things. Miserable git, who do you think you are - me? :silent:
  12. No apparently some people and their internal metal ornaments can set off alarm systems, including those at airport security! One of my dads friends flew to Ireland with us and he had a plate put in (not specifically for the journey), and he had a letter from his doctor stating where it was in case it did trigger anything. I would imagine it is rare though :p
  13. I were extracting the urine due to the way he phrased the post ^_~
  14. OMM

OMM War Hero

Don't worry, I got it.
  15. No. You never face any problem. I have seen many cases of these type.
  16. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Good effort.

We've faced this problem & saved you the angst of seeing any more cases of this type.
    • Like Like x 1
  17. 'Hi Doctor Nick'