MESS UNDRESS

Discussion in 'Social & Reunions' started by foggymonkey, Dec 1, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi everyone,

I am searching and searching for a Senior Rates Mess Undress and I am wondering if any of you have or know someone who has a Mess Undress, which they would like to sell??

I am looking for 42 Jacket long sleeves and 34/34 trousers. Slightly bigger than this would be ok as I can get it altered.

Thank you all in advance!

2. Stuff usually crops up on ebay, that's where I got mine. Keep your eyes peeled.

3. Foggymonkey.

I've sent you a PM.

4. All killicks now get a uniform grant for mess undress (unless the regs have changed), does this not cover the cost?

5. The uniform grant only started April 09 anyone rated before that date didn't get the grant

6. Foggymonkey, sent you a PM mate.

7. Thanks guys, still looking though. And Chaz you're right but I got my promotion on the 27th March 2009 and did not qualify as the allowance came in on 1st April!!!!

8. Ah ok, I wrongly assumed that you'd just got your PO's or were due to!

9. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Foggy/Gills: If you got your Rate over a year ago, why are you only looking for a Mess Undress now? Oh, and why do you have two RR profiles? :oops: :?

10. There seems to be loads of SR's knocking around who are to tight to buy mess undress, personally it was one thing I really looked forward to upon getting my PO's and certainly didn't want to do 'Mr Vice' in my No 1's and a bowtie!

11. foggy monkey is my wife asking on my behalf. I'm looking now because the xmas ball is the first mess function I'm attending. I was having mess undress from a guy at work who is outside in feb, but his wife want's him to keep it. That's why the rush no time to get one made.

12. Sadly, my bum freezer went in the bin, as I couldn't even give it away at the time! And that's a safeguard. :roll:

13. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

What - your bum or your old kit?! :? :twisted:

14. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Was that 'kit' or 'kilt'????

15. Last time I looked on the Collingwood 'for sale' section, there were quite a few for sale. Have a look on there mate.

Are you one of the social reps at CWD by chance? :lol:

16. My view on mess undress was that I was'nt going to pay for a uniform that I would only wear 3 or 4 times a year. No1s and a bow tie served very well, and I never remember going to a mess do and being the only one without mess undress.

17. Thanks for the help guys I've managed to borrow one and I'm going to stump up for my own one in the new year.

18. Snap

19. At Deadloss, no one wore a mess undress that I can recall both PO and WO/CPO, maybe 1/2 dozen or so but that was it.

20. I have got a very good mess undress that Brian the Tailor in Pompey sold me. It is top quality and I have worn it a total of 5 or 6 times. It has been taken in and is a 42(ish) jacket with a 34/36 trousers. It will be on sale in HMS Nelson from Sat 5th Feb 2011 for £100(cost me £320!) after I have worn it to my leaving do the night before. Will throw in the Cumberbund and braces if required oh and go on then the bowtie!! Gimme a shout if you are interested.