MESS UNDRESS

Hi everyone,

I am searching and searching for a Senior Rates Mess Undress and I am wondering if any of you have or know someone who has a Mess Undress, which they would like to sell??

I am looking for 42 Jacket long sleeves and 34/34 trousers. Slightly bigger than this would be ok as I can get it altered.

Thank you all in advance!

All killicks now get a uniform grant for mess undress (unless the regs have changed), does this not cover the cost?

Thanks guys, still looking though. And Chaz you're right but I got my promotion on the 27th March 2009 and did not qualify as the allowance came in on 1st April!!!!

foggymonkey said:
Thanks guys, still looking though. And Chaz you're right but I got my promotion on the 27th March 2009 and did not qualify as the allowance came in on 1st April!!!!
Ah ok, I wrongly assumed that you'd just got your PO's or were due to!

sgtpepperband

War Hero
Book Reviewer
Foggy/Gills: If you got your Rate over a year ago, why are you only looking for a Mess Undress now? Oh, and why do you have two RR profiles? :oops: :?

sgtpepperband said:
Foggy/Gills: If you got your Rate over a year ago, why are you only looking for a Mess Undress now? Oh, and why do you have two RR profiles? :oops: :?
There seems to be loads of SR's knocking around who are to tight to buy mess undress, personally it was one thing I really looked forward to upon getting my PO's and certainly didn't want to do 'Mr Vice' in my No 1's and a bowtie!

foggy monkey is my wife asking on my behalf. I'm looking now because the xmas ball is the first mess function I'm attending. I was having mess undress from a guy at work who is outside in feb, but his wife want's him to keep it. That's why the rush no time to get one made.

Gillsfan said:
foggy monkey is my wife asking on my behalf. I'm looking now because the xmas ball is the first mess function I'm attending. I was having mess undress from a guy at work who is outside in feb, but his wife want's him to keep it. That's why the rush no time to get one made.
Last time I looked on the Collingwood 'for sale' section, there were quite a few for sale. Have a look on there mate.

Are you one of the social reps at CWD by chance? :lol:

My view on mess undress was that I was'nt going to pay for a uniform that I would only wear 3 or 4 times a year. No1s and a bow tie served very well, and I never remember going to a mess do and being the only one without mess undress.

clanky said:
My view on mess undress was that I was'nt going to pay for a uniform that I would only wear 3 or 4 times a year. No1s and a bow tie served very well, and I never remember going to a mess do and being the only one without mess undress.
Snap

WreckerL said:
clanky said:
Snap
At Deadloss, no one wore a mess undress that I can recall both PO and WO/CPO, maybe 1/2 dozen or so but that was it.

girthsmith

Lantern Swinger
I have got a very good mess undress that Brian the Tailor in Pompey sold me. It is top quality and I have worn it a total of 5 or 6 times. It has been taken in and is a 42(ish) jacket with a 34/36 trousers. It will be on sale in HMS Nelson from Sat 5th Feb 2011 for £100(cost me £320!) after I have worn it to my leaving do the night before. Will throw in the Cumberbund and braces if required oh and go on then the bowtie!! Gimme a shout if you are interested.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
P The Quarterdeck 4
A Social & Reunions 7
K Social & Reunions 68