Merseyside Selection

Discussion in 'RMR' started by bezza1986, Aug 18, 2006.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi Im currently part of Birmdet holding Troop And my Selection weekend is coming up in September .
    What Exactly happens i.e any nice surprises :lol:

2. Of course there will be nice suprises... but thats half the fun!

3. And some not so nice surprises.

So plenty of surprises then. :lol:

SF

4. So All In all im going to have a very entertaining weekend then lol . what should i expect then

5. FlagWagger

FlagWagger Book Reviewer

The unexpected, of course :)

6. lol so i supose no1 is giving anything away then . What is the weekend training like once u pass your selcetion weekend

7. lol so i supose no1 is giving anything away then . What is the weekend training like once u pass your selcetion weekend

8. If I say it's like normal training, but over a weekend - how annoyed would you get? :roll:

SF

9. Go down to bottom of forum page, read 'joining the royal marines reserve', its got some good accounts on there, pitty he had to stop though!

Just dont get phased out on your selection weekend, I think thats why most people fail, thinking they are not good enough. If you are not good enough the instructors will soon tell you! Remember you dont have to be superman to pass it, they want to join at the end of the day.

Weekend exercises? Prepaired to be wet, cold, hungry, sleep deprived...

10. cheers wouldnt get that annoyed lol

11. hey halford

cant wait for it m8 lol what bout u .
    4 my training just been doing running round aabout 5 times a week with 4 mile run followed by a 2 mile interval training session 3 times a week . Then just a 6 to 8 mile run bout 2 times a week .
    For my upper body work out been doing preess ups , sit ups, pull ups , Knees to chest and then followed by another set of pull ups ( palms inwards the pongo way )

What about you ?

Im a bit worried about the 3 miler tho .....
    My names Rick Any way so if u see me down there give us a shout
    Have you =been attending holding troop then ?

12. hey halford

cant wait for it m8 lol what bout u .
    4 my training just been doing running round aabout 5 times a week with 4 mile run followed by a 2 mile interval training session 3 times a week . Then just a 6 to 8 mile run bout 2 times a week .
    For my upper body work out been doing preess ups , sit ups, pull ups , Knees to chest and then followed by another set of pull ups ( palms inwards the pongo way )

What about you ?

Im a bit worried about the 3 miler tho .....
    My names Rick Any way so if u see me down there give us a shout
    Have you =been attending holding troop then ?

13. its Ricky Berry . How old r u im 19 .
    sounds like u have a gud fitness session going .start banging out your press ips after runs that will sort them out preety quick.
    Wish i woz that comfortable running , im just a bit nervous about the 3 miler .
    ive been holding troop 4 times aswell although we have not done ropes we have just done loads of interval training with press ups and burpees mainly tho.
    what it like like at mersey den ?

14. how did it go then lads?

15. yeah i was halford .I wasent sure it woz you either so dint say anythin lol . i was a bit surprised on the Selection weekend as i thought it was going to be alot harder.
    Cant wait till induction weekend lol well done to u 4 passing aswell