Merry Christmas.

SONAR-BENDER

War Hero
With the Christmas season ahead of us I would like to share a personal experience with everyone about drinking and driving.

As you may know some of us have been known to have brushes with the authorities from time to time on the way home after a "social session" out with friends.

Well two days ago I was out for an evening with a friend and had several beers followed by a few rums, and my customary measure of port.

Feeling jolly I still had the sense to know that I would be over the limit to drive.

That's when I did something that I've never done before - I took a taxi home.

Sure enough on the way home there was a police road block but since I was in a taxi they waved it past. I arrived home safely without incident.

This came as a real surprise to me as I had never driven a taxi before, I don't know where I got it from and now that it's in my garage I don't know what to do with it.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MoD_RSS News story: Defence Secretary wishes troops Merry Christmas while in Poland on NATO visit MoD News 0
Stirlin Merry Christmas to one and all. Diamond Lil's 29
blueiain Merry Christmas RFA 14
X.R.D Merry christmas and thanks for your donations this year Charity 2
B I'm a newbie. Merry bloody christmas! Diamond Lil's 5
jim4244 Merry Christmas! The Corps 1
T Merry Christmas - Wherever you are! Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 5
S Merry Christmas one and all... Diamond Lil's 30
L Merry Christmas The Quarterdeck 0
Jimmy_Green Merry Christmas The Quarterdeck 2
E Merry Christmas The Corps 5
J Merry Christmas to all on RR! Diamond Lil's 15
R094V1-George Merry fly-by Christmas.............. :-) The Quarterdeck 1
creddly MERRY CHRISTMAS!!! Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 8
Shakey A Merry Rotherham News Christmas Diamond Lil's 1
Lawro87 Wishing you all a Merry Christmas!!! :D Social & Reunions 0
Skunkmiester Merry Christmas Matloe Diamond Lil's 1
The_Caretaker Merry Christmas to everyone Diamond Lil's 16
MoD_RSS Outlaws' ‘merry adventures’ brought to an end MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Northern Ireland seafood firm gears up for Christmas 2020 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Recycle or replant your tree for a greener Christmas MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Plastic found on Suffolk beach used to decorate Christmas tree MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Communities Secretary Robert Jenrick spends Christmas evening at Birmingham Christmas Shelter MoD News 0
MoD_RSS River Great Ouse gets Christmas present with fish restocking MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Read your child a book this Christmas, says Children’s Minister MoD News 0
MoD_RSS 200 people to spend Christmas off the streets and in their own homes thanks to innovative government programme Housing First MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Northern Ireland cheese producer enjoys boost in Christmas sales MoD News 0
MoD_RSS A greener Christmas is the best present for the environment. MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Prime Minister Boris Johnson's Christmas message: 24 December 2019 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Parole Board Christmas and New Year opening times 2019-2020 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Christmas boost for Midlands businesses MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Border Force crackdown on Christmas counterfeits MoD News 2
MoD_RSS Christmas comes early for first £5k winner of new Treasury-backed savings account MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Prime Minister visits British troops in Estonia for Christmas MoD News 0
MoD_RSS World craves British food this Christmas MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Almost 1 in 3 are considering donating to a charity for Christmas instead of giving a gift MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Plating up for Christmas MoD News 0
MoD_RSS DASA Christmas hours 2019 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS DBS Christmas and New Year Opening Times 2019 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS PM: “Brexit vote wrapped up for Christmas" MoD News 0
soleil RN Website: "World's Oldest Christmas Pud On Display In Naval Museum" History 0
soleil FB: HMS Raleigh page - The Twelve Days Of Christmas Bases / Shore Est 1
MoD_RSS Meet the families keeping motorists moving at Christmas MoD News 0
soleil FB: RNAS Culdrose "The Game On Every (Naval) Aviator’s Christmas List." The Fleet Air Arm 17
MoD_RSS More than 800 miles of roadworks completed or lifted in time for Christmas MoD News 0
MoD_RSS New team of British medics to tackle measles outbreak in Samoa over Christmas as crisis continues to claim children’s lives MoD News 0
Ageing_Gracefully The UNIQUE RUM RATION ANNUAL CHRISTMAS DRAW 2019 Competitions 24
MoD_RSS DVSA opening hours: Christmas and New Year MoD News 0
BillyNoMates A Christmas card for? Diamond Lil's 20
MoD_RSS Authorisation application deadlines for Christmas period 2019 MoD News 0