Merry Christmas to everyone

A very Merry Christmas to all on RR. A special Merry Christmas to all Royal Marines on active duty, all those who have just come back, all those about to go. :lol:

I'd also like to wish everyone a merry xmas & a great new year , I always volunteer to work xmas day , I'ts a lovely feeling up at the hospital , I remember a couple of years ago , got into work & was told we had a kidney transplant later in the day , went to the ward to collect the lady , well she couldnt believe she got the call on xmas morning , what a feeling , she was shaking with excitment , what a xmas present , I was so pleased for that lady , will never forget it , unbelievable we did another on the following Easter Day ,

Anyway all Rum Rationer's have a great time , above all look after your selves , love you's all , !!!!!! :roll:

ANGWISH

Lantern Swinger
To everyone in uniform, ashore or afloat. Have a very merry Christmas and a really great New Year, especially those on operational tours. You'r doing a great job folks 8)

Beejay said:
Heart-of-Oak said:
Er..permission to mank that's it's too early for Christmas yet...
As it is Advent, I believe it isn't too early :lol:[/quote

I just think that spending over a 1/12th of the year looking forward to some overhyped Christain festival is for chicks and kids.

Anyway there are 12 days of Christmas... 25 Dec - 6 Jan.

:wink:

Heart-of-Oak said:
Beejay said:
Heart-of-Oak said:

I just think that spending over a 1/12th of the year looking forward to some overhyped Christain festival is for chicks and kids.

I can see where your coming from "Heart-of Oak" , but we are fighting a losing battle here , I'ts more than 1/12 , some shops start in october for christ sake , Capitilism I'm afraid , I don't even go into town now , send the 3 grown up kids a cheque each , that about does it for me , then carry on working as normal , 8O

dixie_gooner

Lantern Swinger
Heart-of-Oak said:
Beejay said:
Heart-of-Oak said:

Just to be really picky, Advent actually takes up less than 1/12th of the year as it is the period 1st - 25th December and not to the 31st.

Also, I do agree that it is celebrated too early in certain places commercially. But when the it is a holy celebration which the church starts to prepare for on the 1st Dec, I think now is an ideal time.

So merry christmas one and all :wink:

Merry crimbo to all serving, ex serving or about to become serving.

Hope you all have a safe time and a prosperous New Year.

And, just to wind up Heart of Oak - Happy Easter for next year. :)