Mercury: "HMS Dauntless to be affiliated to Gt Yarmouth"

Discussion in 'The Fleet' started by soleil, Feb 12, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Of course, we then get the Mirror/Mail/Sun friendly amazing facts and figures;

The Type 45 class is the largest and most powerful air defence destroyer ever operated by the Royal Navy.
    Its main armament is the lethal Principal Anti Air Missile System (PAAMS) capable of controlling several missiles in the air at once.
    Weaponry includes a main gun for shore bombardment and helicopter-launched Stingray anti-submarine torpedoes 
    The first to enter service was HMS Daring followed by HMS Dauntless and HMS Diamond. The next three will be Duncan, Dragon and Defender
    She is 152.4m long - equal to more than 16 double-decker buses end to end
    Her on-board power plant can supply enough electricity to light a town of 80,000 people
    Her fuel tanks have a volume equivalent to half an Olympic-sized swimming pool
    The hull structure is made of 2,800 tonnes of steel - more than the weight of Blackpool Tower
    Why does “weaponry†always grate so? It’s not as if it’s like musketry.

Anyway, I would have thought affiliation with Reading more appropriate.
  2. What a sh*thole!!! Not the Dauntess I may add!!
  3. I’m sure many a dauntess learned her nautical skills in a suburb of Reading.
  4. Gt Yarmouth, Chav Central!!!!

Be a bloody good freedom March, wall to wall single mothers in argos jewellry!! and eastern europeans.