Merchant ship. Be afraid - be very afraid.

Merchant Panto. Jap & the Big Ship.

"Behind you!"
"Oh no it isn't!"
"Oh yes it is!"
"Oh no it isn't!"
"Oh yes it is!"
"Oh no.......Oh FAR-R-R-K!!!!!"

Looking again at that merch rapidly approaching the tug, the bloke on the right looks like he's preparing to throw a heaving line up to the blokes on the foc's'le. What do reckon the chances are he made it first time :)

tiddlyoggy

War Hero
Book Reviewer
Looking again at that merch rapidly approaching the tug, the bloke on the right looks like he's preparing to throw a heaving line up to the blokes on the foc's'le. What do reckon the chances are he made it first time :)
Actually wrecks, looking at the deck , it does look like they are about to take it under tow. I don't fancy that blokes chances with the heaving line yet can't see how else they intend getting a pilot line across. Unless there is a RAS style rifle launched gizmo out of picture. Wouldn't fancy trying to take lines across in a seaboat either in that sea state.

Mirror - Signal - Manoeuvre.

{Captain to On-Watch Helmsperson}
===========================

"Come on woman! Y'can get a fu**ing BUS through that ga............"

0G1N

Lantern Swinger
{Captain to On-Watch Helmsperson}
===========================

"Come on woman! Y'can get a fu**ing BUS through that ga............"

Where do you get these phot's from cracking, that reminds me of a pusser's war canoe wrapped around a tanker in the Gulf name escapes me begins with an S..........

Merchant Kerplunk.

"Harbour Stations - Harbour Stations!"

"Let's get these fu**ing containers of cheap
Chinese Christmas decorations delivered to
Southampton then...."

"Right....let's try leaving harbour again shall we?"

"And someone get the me the prick who stowed that lot!"

I wonder what the duty deck-ape was thinkin' as he saw it getting ever nearer.
Stamping his feet and having a hissy fit, "but we have right of way".

(See, even WAFUs did rules of the road =))

Edited to add: I think I'd be sh*%$ing myself when I realised it was an LPG container.

Last edited:
Had a heaving line throwing competition on a ship I was on. The Radio Officer won and God only knows where he got his technique and experience from! It was prompted from going alongside Norwegian ships and they had a deadly habit of throwing strong fishing line with a chunk of lead attached over. You just do not see it coming. It's dense and it hurts!
Sound description for the Norwegians as well!