MEO Selection

Hey,

I am hoping to join as a MEO, and passed my AIB last week.
During the debrief I was told that based on my marks and qualifications it would be likely that I would be forwarded for selection for a January start.

However, I got a letter staying that I was borderline for selection in January.

Basically, my question is, should I be worried?

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
Sounds like mixed messages are being sent, possibly in error, possibly because they have a surplus of successful ME applicants. Be aware also that we are down on WE applicants.

My advice? Same as above, speak to your ACLO but hold out for the job you want and be prepared to hear "If you accept WEO, you start in January".

Thanks for your response guys.

I had my debrief from my ACLO yesterday.
Basically i was told that during the AIB i got pretty much average (or slightly above) marks in everything except for my PLT, which was slightly below, and my interview, which I got full marks...so was told to stay positive.

So fingers crossed i guess :)

All depends where your mind set is, if it’s mainly heavy machinery, ships propulsion & power distribution with electronic and electrical controls MEO, if its electronics and electrical systems RADAR, SONAR, Comms, which also help to control weapon system’s (bit of clanky stuff) then WEO both would see you into a good career and good prospects on leaving.

Don’t be blinded by these clanky types who like to work in hot smelly noisy rooms, when we Weapon Engineers work in good lighting in air conditioned rooms, granted Lighting and air con supplied by clankies

All depends where your mind set is, if it’s mainly heavy machinery, ships propulsion & power distribution with electronic and electrical controls MEO, if its electronics and electrical systems RADAR, SONAR, Comms, which also help to control weapon system’s (bit of clanky stuff) then WEO both would see you into a good career and good prospects on leaving.

Don’t be blinded by these clanky types who like to work in hot smelly noisy rooms, when we Weapon Engineers sleep in good lighting in air conditioned rooms, granted Lighting and air con supplied by clankies
Sorry - had to amend before some smelly clanky type comes along and makes nasty remarks. We know that we need to be well rested for when a real snag occurs......... Telly or DVD player goes duff - that sort of thing :D

Cli
Sorry - had to amend before some smelly clanky type comes along and makes nasty remarks. We know that we need to be well rested for when a real snag occurs......... Telly or DVD player goes duff - that sort of thing :D
clickity click projector goes down? I did the ciny op course, well popular at sea when they knew I could fix the beasts.