Mental Health

A

angrydoc

Sorry to hear about what happened.

May I humbly suggest you take it on the chin and move on. You gave it your best shot, but unfortunately it didn't work out.

Turning things around will not be easy, but taking drugs will not make it easier. If your "loser mates" do this then I suggest you get some new mates.

I don't know what your qualifications are but there are loads of rewarding jobs out there. There are also loads of courses which will make getting a job easier.

Good luck.

mattbea

Banned
thanks angrydoc, and the rest of you too!!... I dont like to give up, and sometimes I wish these days was the 1950's say, bit of national service and make most lads learn a bit of respect for god sake, on the other hand I cant have many mates round here because all they do is either sit in a flat and get "stoned" or go to the pub on their benefits and get "drunk" and the rest just work 24/7/365 literally.... I am a loser right now and ok there is something there for me but what! :S I am scared, and really scared, I so wish I never come out the army. But eh... move on

sgtpepperband

War Hero
Book Reviewer
Hey, chin up! As one door closes another one opens.

But if you do decide to do something stupid, can I have your flip flops? :wink:

Ninja_Stoker said:
Sorry to hear about the outcome of your medical Matt.

The guidance for medicals states the following:

Psychiatric disorders

Ongoing psychiatric illness. Psychosis. Schizophrenia Obsessive-compulsive
disorder. Autism. Personality disorder. More than one episode of deliberate
self-harm of any type. Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD). Alcohol, drug or
substance dependence. Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) unless
free of symptoms and not requiring treatment for at least 3 years. Anorexia and
bulimia.[/color]

With regard appeals, you can only appeal against your GP's diagnosis of the condition which bars entry rather than appeal against the Armed Forces medical standards for entry which remain the absolute standard.

There is a plethora of jobs out there which you could do, it's just a matter of having a good look around.

The very best of luck to you.

That rules out most of the population then! :bball:

In a recent Mental Health Bill the Government tried to classify any state of mind that any doctor/Secretary of State considered to be abnormal as a personality disorder. Luckily the Lords overturned it - but only because they were willing to sacrifice the whole Bill. It could have been used to forcibly treat whole classes of sane people whose behaviour didn't conform to majority norms.

Matt, sorry about you not being able to join-up. You should certainly not see this criterion for not allowing you to enter the forces as being indicative of personal failure, becuase that is simply not the case, no more than developing PTSD after severe trauma should be seen this way or having flat feet (another reason for rejection).

Latest Threads