Mental Health Issue

Lancecadetjimbo said:
To be honest Boot, I Have empathy, But it shouldnt get to the stage where they cant walk out there front door, Our military offers help for these types of things(Or at least should), You had people like mcnab and the rest of Bravo two zero goto iraq, and endure some horrific torture, And they came home pretty much as good as gold.

Bob Consiglio MM ex 40 Cdo RM didn't.

mattbea

Banned
Hi mate i went into army soon as i left school in 04 and its the biggest thing ive ever regretted!! not only that though im now trying for royal navy, but since coming out of army training i had a bit of a mad time drinking and partying like every night and got into some right states where i started arguing with everybody/smashing things up etc so like got to stages where i got cuts and bruises from fights and things, only problem is it got onto my doctors computer jobbo so soon as medical officer sees that it might not be good... did ask the doc otherday about it and they did say as ive not had to have treatment or any hospitilisation it should be no problem, but as we all know MOD tends to be pretty touchy on these subjects especially when it says i might have been psychotic... which obviously not but im absolutely worried to the max about it but can only try and try again, i aint giving up on it as i know there is nothing wrong just try pal!

Lancecadetjimbo

Midshipman
I Wanted to know, How strong (if it is), is a letter from your GP saying that you have no abnormalities in the mind, going up against the MOD, My GP has agree'ed to write me a letter, untill i have got my Psychological examination..

Lancecadetjimbo

Midshipman
wet_blobby said:
Lancecadetjimbo said:
To be honest Boot, I Have empathy, But it shouldnt get to the stage where they cant walk out there front door, Our military offers help for these types of things(Or at least should), You had people like mcnab and the rest of Bravo two zero goto iraq, and endure some horrific torture, And they came home pretty much as good as gold.

Bob Consiglio MM ex 40 Cdo RM didn't.

Aye, the poor soul is dead, god rest his soul :(

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
Lancecadetjimbo said:
I Wanted to know, How strong (if it is), is a letter from your GP saying that you have no abnormalities in the mind, going up against the MOD, My GP has agree'ed to write me a letter, untill i have got my Psychological examination..

No matter how many different angles are investigated, I'm afraid that someone on here saying 'Yes' or 'No' will hold no sway with the Examining Medical Officer & could give rise to a false expectation of the outcome of your AFCO medical.

As to whether a letter from you GP will help, there is only one definitive way to find out. I apologise if the reply appears negative, but it would be wrong & ill advised to suggest a positive or negative outcome.

The very best of luck to you.

mattbea

Banned
I think ill ask on this same post to keep it to the same subject but in the long run im just a normal lad who had a mad time while drinking at one stage (not alcoholic) so would that go against me whatever it says on the docs notes even though ive had no treatment or been hospitalized... just was a thought i had problems but turned out i didnt, nobody acts normal if they been drinking alot for a few weeks at a time and it mad me change temporarily... anybody know anything about this really?

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
mattbea said:
im just a normal lad who had a mad time while drinking at one stage (not alcoholic) so would that go against me whatever it says on the docs notes even though ive had no treatment or been hospitalized...

Hiya Matt

Again, it's the Medical Officer's call with regard your Medical suitability for service, so without going into specifics, he/she is the person to talk to. They will determine whether your alcohol intake is or was an area of concern.

Where it may be an issue outside of the medical sphere, is if there were any criminal proceedings taken against you during this, or any other period.

Good luck.

brendan498

War Hero
I would take NZB advice and look it up to understand what it is and all the other conditions in ninjas post as well, you may even find the answer yourself,self arm is a symptom of several of the conditions mentioned but i would probably be confident you have never suffered PSTD

mattbea

Banned
ok thanks for that!! yea ive never actually suffered anything.... just drunken behaviour really but does worry me thinking it may go against me as im medically fit 100% in all other areas, and ive got no convictions either so im all good really :D

mattbea said:
ok thanks for that!! yea ive never actually suffered anything.... just drunken behaviour really but does worry me thinking it may go against me as im medically fit 100% in all other areas, and ive got no convictions either so im all good really :D

*twitch* better record than I joined up with...*twitch*.....who said that?

mattbea

Banned
haha no seriously i have NO medical problems at all, good hearing and seeing and not allergic to anythng nor got any muscular or bone problems, bmi is perfect... :D thats no worry just them bloomin doc reports about me doing daft things when drunk get me worried, think it would anybody!!