Mendleson Appointed to Sinecure in Hull

I did see in the article that Prescott was "surprised why it wasn't discussed with him earlier", probably because it's got fuck all to do with him.

mandy.jpg

Does anyone else thinks he looks just the slightest bit creepy in this photo? As was a popular topic of debate on 'mock the week'

Seadog

War Hero
call me dave or forked tounge clegg couldn`t tie John Prescotts boot laces . IMHO
They don't have to. Prescott hasn't fitted his boots for years and, as he takes the car everywhere, slippers will do.

Both knoble lords give me the shits but if one of them had to be disappointed, I'm glad it was two pies.

As the vast majority commenting on here are "ex working class mariners" so to speak,I would have thought that they would have had more in common with JP than clegg or camoron.

On a run ashore I think he would be in the bar with the lads while call me dave and glegg would be in the lounge, if that answers your question.

On a run ashore I think he would be in the bar with the lads while call me dave and glegg would be in the lounge, if that answers your question.
Yep and getting into fights and bagging off out of watch or even a game of arrows.Oh,wait a minute belay the last.Croquet was his game IIRC.Very working class.

As the vast majority commenting on here are "ex working class mariners" so to speak,I would have thought that they would have had more in common with JP than clegg or camoron.
He's an arrogant money grabber who'd shit on his granny if there was profit or titles in it.

Seadog

War Hero
As the vast majority commenting on here are "ex working class mariners" so to speak....,,.
I must have been at sea when that census of RR membership was carried out. Ex working class, ex mariner or both?

I'm not convinced that being a steward on a liner in peacetime makes one a mariner. Personally, I don't feel any professional kinship with Prescott just because he served (officers/passengers) drinks and made their bunks 50 years ago. I don't look down my nose at stewards unless they are also John Prescott.

I'm still a mariner and Prescott can get me a G&T.

I hold my hands up,I have obviously overestimated the amount of working class on this thread,and yes I admit, playing croquet is unforgivable.