Men and Women should have the same fitness tests

Discussion in 'The Gash Barge' started by Wilt Chamberlain, Feb 6, 2014.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Its all about equality.

First of all there are many females who can achieve the required standards for males. Some women can outperform their male counterparts.

Why should women have easier fitness requirements just because they are women?

Are the fitness standards made easier for women so that there are more women in the armed forces and/or wont deter women from applying i.e. promote diversity?

Tl;dr :
    You can brisk walk a female pjft.

2. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

To be honest I can't really be arsed arguing the toss, but I'll indulge you with a single post:

For the All Arms Commando Course and the Royal Navy Mine clearance Diver, the entry & phys standards are identical for males & females.

The problem with assuming the standards for entry should be identical in jobs that don't necessarily need extreme fitness levels, is that it is negatively biased. Men & Women may compete on equal terms in some sports, but not in athletics, so the same logic is applied.

If you don't like it, join a branch that applies the same standards or is strictly "male only".

• Like Like x 3
  3. Blackrat

Blackrat War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

I was having a bad day but normality has been resumed with your mong post. You really are an idiot.

4. Seadog

Seadog War Hero Moderator

Of Wilt 'have you seen my abs' Chamberlain, Blackrat wrote:

You rate him too highly.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Seadog

Just had a PM to say that this thread is locked. I didn't knowingly lock it ( it would take a lot of finger trouble to lock it by accident) and it seems unfair to deny other posters the, er, opportunity of giving the OP the benefit of their experience in the Service.

Nothing from mods in the thread or Cave to say why it was locked so, knowing the CO's intent I'll move it to barge and unlock.

Watch and shoot!

Last edited: Feb 7, 2014
  6. Blackrat

Good idea. Done it for you old chap.

7. Blackrat

I meant to write;

"You are a complete fucking hornmuncher of titanic proportions".

Now it's been moved, i can.

8. Seadog

Thanks Blackrat.

9. exJenny

exJenny War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Currently working on my pub-fitness. What's the current passing out level for 35-39 female?

Yes Wrecks, I really am still under 40yo.

Just the thoughts of a blonde ex wren

10. You seem angry.

Why shouldnt the tests be equal?

I await your response.

11. Ok so you agree with me that its not equal so that women can join the armed forces

12. Because it's based on Vo2 max and maximal oxygen uptake differs between males and females. It's the same reason why age in addition to sex is also taken into consideration. That's why.

13. exJenny

Try running 1.5m with big tits! You can't see where you are going!

• Like Like x 1
  14. exJenny

Mind you, I think your class will have more of a handicap with you.

• Like Like x 3
  15. Seadog

ex Jenny wrote

No need to run, no need to see; 1.5m is one big stride.

16. Ive got to an age and now have Moobs does that mean I am now fit?

17. This statement suggests women are physically inferior compared to men, if this is the case then how can they do the same job as a man? ( stand fast Royals and Divers )

Posted from the Navy Net mobile app (Android / iOS)

18. Glad Im not trying to run past you with black eyes....

19. Blackrat

No. Not angry. Just wondering why a never served civvy keeps coming on this site being a massive bellend.

And there's your answer.

We had know it all helmers like you in the army. They usually ended up having a discussion with an NCO out of site of witnesses. Word of advice - if you're joining up, don't come across as the cock you are on here.

20. Seadog

Fixed and, yes.