Memorys of past and present!

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by syparki, Jan 13, 2012.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. What are the best memories you have or highlights of your career in the RN past or present?

Im sure any input will be a great read and muchly appreciated..

Last edited: Jan 13, 2012
  2. Memory plural is 'memories'

3. well spotted DD. :-/

4. HMS Forth was en route from Singers to Bangkok, we hauled in overnight at a place called Sattahip( a base where the Yanks Vietnam war stores were bought in) Shut down to one boiler auxiliary, & all night in for tiffs & stokers.All having saved up their alcohol ration & were well away. About 2300 a mini storm blew up from nowhere, with sufficient power to snap one of the 3 stern mooring hawsers, a minute or so later a second one went , followed by the last one in double quick time. The old man ( Jimmy Launders of WW2 HMSM Venturer fame), decided to stand off out to sea just in case anything else was coming. All ME department staff were piped to the Engineers office & detailed off to boiler room /engine room etc. I was sent down to ease the sterntube glands( I did have trouble making the spannner fit on the nuts.) Then I got one of the boiler rooms & arrived on the lower plates to see the PO stoker, flashing up on full power sprayers, dancing along the boiler front singing, "Old King Cole .....". Ready to obey telegraphs was made in about 20 minutes!

• Like Like x 1
  5. (granny)

(granny) War Hero Book Reviewer

Grapple 'Y', April 1958, Christmas Island, watching the big bang....will never forget seeing the tiny silver aircraft in the sky, then the countdown...5....4....3....2....? "you can now turn round and face the explosion" The most thrilling, awe inspiring and scary thing I've ever seen.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Mine's curling one down on the steps of a church in Vera Cruz.

8. This one time we had pancakes for breakfast and it wasn't Shrove Tuesday. That was awesome.

9. witsend

witsend War Hero Book Reviewer

This one time during a mile & a half I saw a transexual puke up the pervious nights spunk.

10. imagine that pancakes on Shrove Tuesday...now that is frikin awesome haha

11. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

I had an awesome tit **** in Pompey once, if they'd been handing out teddy bears for ace shooting like they do at the funfair I'd have got the big one, up her nostril, in her eye and on the curtain. Sniper material me. :)

Apart from that it was just the boring mundane drink, whore and fight one's way around the globe. ****, I need to get out more my life's been sheltered.

12. :-D During an all night in with a Chinese bar girl She said "Your fliend still flucky my fliend you flucky me some more." A noble speech which raises goose bumps and brings tears to my eyes every time I recall it. Surpassed only by "Would you like to come in my mouth." from a girl friend in Wolverhampton:queen:

13. Did y'a?????

14. :evil3:Yes:-D