Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Memoirs of a Nutter

sweetpea

War Hero
Stirling,

Out of suffering comes creativity - you have just proven this by writing and sharing your experiences here on RR. To write such words must have taken tremendous courage.
You have actually taken a good positive step forward on the road to recovery. Well done!

SP.

Stirling

Banned
Seriously, my 2 hour daily read of this site has kept me going and words cannot express the gratitude I feel to one and all.

Give yourselves a pat on the back, and you have had me blubbing like a bairn with your responses to the memoirs. When next I have a ''one off special occasion drink'' probably with Rummers I will raise a glass to you all.

witsend

MIA
Book Reviewer
Sterling_Stirling said:
Seriously, my 2 hour daily read of this site has kept me going and words cannot express the gratitude I feel to one and all.

Give yourselves a pat on the back, and you have had me blubbing like a bairn with your responses to the memoirs. When next I have a ''one off special occasion drink'' probably with Rummers I will raise a glass to you all.

If you start "blubbing" I'll break out George from Dartmoor and you pair can compare stubble and lost weekends. :wink:

Rumrat

War Hero
Stokers-Plaything said:
Thank You for sharing your experiences ,I wish you Luck,a Long Life & a Future of Happiness

What the fuck you insinuating Plaything, were just going for a drink, I ain't trying to shag him or owt.
Not on a first date anyway :D

flymo

War Hero
Not too sure how one can respond after what has already been said.
Will you let me get away with "what they said"?

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
Sterling_Stirling said:
Ninja_Stoker said:
A fascinating read, thank you for that.

You really should consider publishing it.

And boost your recruiting figures. :wink:

Oh yeah, sure. It'll do the branch the world of good to know that not only do they resemble nutters in the main, but some of us even have certificates to prove it. :wink:

That said, although there's admittedly some strange-looking Stokers kicking around, there's none stranger-looking than the Hydrographers...

Stirling

Banned
Ninja_Stoker said:
Sterling_Stirling said:
Ninja_Stoker said:
A fascinating read, thank you for that.

You really should consider publishing it.

And boost your recruiting figures. :wink:

Oh yeah, sure. It'll do the branch the world of good to know that not only do they resemble nutters in the main, but some of us even have certificates to prove it. :wink:

That said, although there's admittedly some strange-looking Stokers kicking around, there's none stranger-looking than the Hydrographers...

:D :D :D

Stirling

Banned
Just had a word with my best mate( he worked @ Uni ), he read the condensed and expanded draft and says I should go for it. brushteeth

Stirling

Banned
2_deck_dash said:
Seriously shippers, this could be a best seller.

Cheers mucker, have decided to call it Roughers, Jack and all other seafarers have natures own roller coaster the sea, exilerating and some times scary, full of ups and downs, highs and lows. Second chapter, cells is now up also added some dialogue to first chapter that I missed.

Stirling

Banned
Edited opening paragraph to first chapter as it reads like I am already aware that I was ill, also added one line to close of Hotel chapter. 95% factual so far, the 5% fiction is to make one character look a twat, he was not, he was seriously ill like me. Will try to get some more down before I go out training, I am taking this slow and steady so the adrenalin does not pump too much, we all know what that can induce.
Rammers, get your arse up to York so me and 2BM can take the piss out of you, would not be difficult as you are ex- Whale Island................
Excelent my arse. brushteeth