Membership

dunkers said:
Probably half the membership of the site has registered but then clean forgotten about it.
Are you intimating we are sterilexxxxxx senile then

I can not remember what I posted yesterday but I can tell you all about the Gut, Sembawang, Honky Fid, Oh and Perth WA :-(

Perth WA what a bloody dump circa 70, most probably brilliant now

Are you intimating we are sterilexxxxxx senile then

I can not remember what I posted yesterday but I can tell you all about
err I seem to remember posting that bit earlier, cant remember when

Did I tell you about the Gut Sembawang, Honky Fid

Jack McHammocklashing (I think!)

My biggest problem with this site is that once I log on I
seem to stay on too long ----------sometimes posting but there's always something new to look at or read .

So I don't log on everynight ---------have other things to do !!!Probably
more like me so it could account for some of the low figures quoted.

:nemo: :nemo:

Karma said:
higthepig said:
....there are those on here who say things like "Management Consultant"......
Because I provide consultancy services, similar to TA it's a catch all. Similarly to ones role in the service, does the title actually reflect how one was employed or does it just reinforce the inherent prejudices of others.

From a personal perspective my rank and branch are meaningless because I spent the last eight or nine years out of branch and for a large proportion also working in a capacity higher than my braid would have indicated (fortunately for a large chunk of that time being payed in the higher rank as well).

fwiw now that I'm in the RNR I choose not to identify much about myself because my branch is pretty small.
Since you have been in the RNR and being paid --how many times have you been embodied on active service. Your branch is unimportant your active service is what counts.

silverfox said:
Jenny_Dabber said:
So PERSEC went out the window at some point?
Norman was this individual's original posting nickname - try to keep up.....
Wasn't referring to Norman's next venture, i was referring to Hig saying why don't people put their personal details in their profiles :thumright:

Norman doesn't bother me but I see he is being fed on a daily basis :threaten:

Wasn't referring to Norman's next venture, i was referring to Hig saying why don't people put their personal details in their profiles

Then why did`nt you say so?
Why does persec bother you? if it bothers others then fine, it does`nt bother me, it`s all there for you to see, even where i live, I`ve got nothing to be ashamed of, perhaps there are people on here who have got things to hide, but thats up to the individual is it not?

higthepig said:
Wasn't referring to Norman's next venture, i was referring to Hig saying why don't people put their personal details in their profiles

Why does persec bother you? if it bothers others then fine, it does`nt bother me, it`s all there for you to see, even where i live, I`ve got nothing to be ashamed of, perhaps there are people on here who have got things to hide, but thats up to the individual is it not?
did not = didn't it is the "o" the apostrophe is taking the place of.

higthepig said:

Persec? No such thing sadly in the 21st century. Nothing is sacred any longer. Try 192.com.

higthepig said:

It ain't rocket science, shurlock!

Mind you, being that you don't fully understand the military regulation, hig, I'll let you off.

As for murgle, or whatever ID you are now.........fark off!

Mind you, being that you don't fully understand the military regulation, hig, I'll let you off.

I do understand the Military regulation, but, not being Military any more, i fail to see the logic, why are we allowed to put balloons on where we live? makes a mockery of it don`t you think?

Jenny_Dabber said:
It ain't rocket science, shurlock!

JD, it is a very different Navy, and in that sense I have some sympathy with the segment sho feel we should all be wandering around in best uniforms all the time.

I suspect that many don't really appreciate just how small the service is now, whilst we've got around 36k people most branches are quite small in relative terms.

higthepig said:

I do understand the Military regulation, but, not being Military any more, i fail to see the logic, why are we allowed to put balloons on where we live? makes a mockery of it don`t you think?
Somehow get the feeling, that by answering a point made earlier, I've opened a bit of a can of worms.

As for PERSEC, I appreciate the need for it and fully endorse it for serving personnel and those not wishing to be identified (Stand Down Norman, you're busted already).

But to be honest, I've said enough on this site to make myself identifiable (spell?) to those that know me, and given enough of a picture to those that don't.

PERSEC is just that, Personal (not Personell), so the decision is mine.

Big difference from OPSEC, which I would never divulge (who really cares if I had my tonsils out anyway?), excuse the levity but from my perspective, who cares? (about me, I care deeply about those who serve)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
mikh The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 11
brazenhussy Diamond Lil's 28
F Current Affairs 7