Discussion in 'The Corps' started by higthepig, May 11, 2006.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. There was a thread going about why younger people arent posting,today there are 1037 members,can we do a poll or can some mod do it,out of 1037,how many are RN,and age groups ,Teens Twenties ,Thirties etc.I had a good look at arrse today,and what a difference in the sites,I know this site is relatively new site, but i always thought that Naval Humour was unique,how wrong can you be?So lets rattle a few cages ,all you young ones get posting,any crap you like,we need new faces,not the same old gits(me included).

2. You'll be asking for our vital statistics next. :wink:

I'm an 'old git' but I can post *parc as good as any young un lol

*I read the ROE (whatever that means) about disguising cuss words.
  3. ROE: Rules of engagement.
    Greetings, A-J, from rumrations token spam. (at least the only one who posts). I'm a not-quite-middle-aged git: 40, former USMC.
  4. Thanks, I've got a feeling I'm goina get lost pretty quick in here, with all these abbreviations and slang words. I never got the hang of 'em when I was married. (ex navy wife, sentenced erm...I mean married for 16 yrs)
    What's a 'token spam' is that junk mail you can eat or feed into slot machines? :wink: I'm not middle aged either, I'm goina live til I'm 200 so I won't be middle aged for another 53 yrs.
    By the way, it's just A J don't need to use the dash in between, just the space. I had to use it to register, wouldn't let me have just A J lol
  5. SPAM: SPastic AMerican, that's me! we're also called: Septic and Elmer(?)
    Being a Yank, I too have a hard time with the RN/RM abbreviations, so don't feel like the Lone Ranger.

Good Luck!
  6. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

BY you forget Cousin and Colonial :eek:

We oldies keep asking for an up to date list of todays acroynoms, but no luck to date
  7. I suspect they are changing so fast that a definitive list would be out of date before it appeared on your screen.

8. I'm serving RN and in my late 30's and make a point of passing the details of the rumration site on every chance I get.

If we're looking to increase the amount of posting then it would probably help to avoid the type of scare-mongering I've seen in some other areas of this site which suggest that the brass are not HP about the content and might just be trying to identify personnel. That would suggest that they have the time and inclination to do it.

Bootneck - you forgot Colonials, another name for our american cousins!
  9. Well im 28 is that young enough for ya big fella?? Im 6 ft 3 with big green eyes, blonde cropped hair and Im dead fit looking. Do you wanna see me willy now or later?? :w00t:
  10. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

"D'ya hear there. Thingy/AAC/Steve report to 'The Corps' thread!" :wink:
  11. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

Oh no, this is just going to go so down hill......... :safe: :muhaha:
  12. Soap on a rope, soap on a rope!!

Oh fcuk it i'm pissed and don't know WHF i'm on about, no change there then!!
  13. wet_blobby

Hello, welcome. Do you always wait so long to reply to a topic?
  14. sgtpepperband

Do you wanna be the Mummy of the Daddy?! 8O :wink:
  15. wet_blobby

I'll be mummy, SPB....kneel down and suck mummys c**k :dwarf:
  16. I'm always the daddy bitch!! well thats what i tell the old woman anyway!!

:thumright: :thumright:
  17. Must have been a goldfish in another life mate. That or suffering from dementia!!
  18. sgtpepperband

Don't flatter yourself - I'm fed up, not hard up! 8O

(But if you want me to, I want the money up front first - I'm not falling for THAT one again...) :pukel:
  19. wet_blobby

Latter? is that some kind of puffy matelot coffee?