Mega confusion!

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by dee_muppet, Apr 15, 2011.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hey once again I call on the high intelligence of the rumration posters! I am currently facong confusion as to whether or not the run performed at the ratings preparation course counts. Although I knoe it counts as your pjft if you pass, but if you were to fail it and already have a joining date could it result in you being denied for entry?

2. After that grammar I suggest you join in accordance with your name title i.e. a friigin' MUPPET!!:slow:
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2011
  3. With sounding like a twat, but why are you worried about a run which you should be able to complete pissed as a fart ?
  4. There you go, i fixed it for you.

5. Haha sorry guys was writing off my phone, and my fingers are still not used to this touch screen keypad. Apologies for that, but any help with the question at hand would be much appreciated.

6. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Those attending an RPC, failing to meet the current PJFT times can anticipate a re-take prior to commencing Initial Naval Training.
  7. But its not a case of if you fail you will be denied entry on your given date?
  8. So you've known the required times since you started or shortly thereafter but have been, if your panic ridden tone is anything to go by, unable to muster the entusiasm to train enough to actually meet the times required to pass the PJFT?
    Good effort, you'll go far.:slow:
  9. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

Not if he's running, apparantly!
  10. Ninja_Stoker

You should expect to have your offer of service withdrawn if you fail to meet the run-time on RPC & cannot reach that standard before entry. If the entry date is near to hand & the run time diabolical, then odds are the provisional offer of service will be withdrawn as one on my candidates found out also.

Those arriving at Raleigh unable to complete the Royal Navy Fitness Test (to which the PJFT run-times are now aligned) are advised to take sufficient money with them to pay for trip back home, day two.

The best advice is to get off the internet & get running.
  11. Cheers WSTB ha I was pissed that's my excuse!! ;-)
  12. Its not a case of I cant do it I have passed my PJFT in a time of 10 minutes flat and have a pb of 9.34, but am just concerned that if say I was to fo somethimg stupid on the day that I would destroy my entry date of the 12th june.

Thanks DM
  13. Blackrat

Blackrat War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

If you are already putting in times good enough to pass, you should have no need to worry. The trick is to keep at it and not become complacent.

It was quite common on the night before we had an 8 mile ICFT (Individual Combat Fitness Test, done with webbing and weapon system) for us to go out and get shedded just so we could compare pass times. Don't make this mistake as puke is a bugger to remove from kit. Train hard, fight easy.
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2011
  14. I failed my RNAC run by a couple of seconds (I'm better now, honest! My 13:15 is done in 12:07 and still improving. That RNAC has probably saved my bacon navywise - a real help). I was just told everything on the RNAC was extra 'bonuses', as it is not compulsory yet. I have to retake my run (sadly) on a treadmill.
    If you're going to HMS Caledonia for your RNAC, you will take it on a muddy running track. Was a dry day on my run though.
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2011
  15. I can vouch for the muddy track at Caledonia. My youngest was there two weeks ago, and fell twice during their PJFT!! Still finished with over a minute to spare, so all was well! In all there were five people fell apparently. Some people with training dates as close as May failed the run (by over two minutes), and military swimming test, that'll be money well spent getting them down to Raleigh...
  16. ....and sent home on the second day at Raleigh if they do not get their act together.
  17. I can understand where the lad is coming from though.. We all wait for so long for this opportunity & the idea that something so simple as failing a run on the second day, be it due to injury or illness or whatever, (that we've all already passed at least once before) could end the dream just like that. I've passed the run once in the old PJFT times, and once in the new Raleigh based time, & I've been training hard since... But I'm still never confident in my running. Just the way I am. *sigh*

The route I run near home is uphill & downhill & my time is usually around 12 & a half minutes. So unless something unforeseen happens on the second day at Raleigh I should be OK!

Muppet, don't worry :)
  18. SJRM_RN... that's a fair point... All I said was I can understand Muppet's anxiety & gave the possible reasons for it. I'm not talking about being injured before you actually take the run on day two- obviously it'd be daft to turn up at Raleigh if you're carrying an injury, I meant having a fall or twisting an ankle on the run itself. Surely there'd be a bit of sympathy then? (That's what I meant, sorry if it was badly worded).

I'm anxious about the whole thing not just the fitness. Personally I haven't got an issue with the fitness test & I get what you're saying. Obviously if someone's taken the PJFT then sat on their arse until their start date comes round then they don't deserve sympathy, or their place in the Navy should they fail. Simples!
  19. Ninja_Stoker

Rest assured all those failing the RNFT will claim injury or illness, they seldom admkt lack of preparation.
  20. As a matter of interest, Nina,

Do you have any current data on the percentage rates for successful completion of Part One/Part Two Training?